• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Yes, I've just tested it with Authorize Net and it is working - no more class error. I have to try it with the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN next.

Thanks.

Vger

:)

Ok Let us know.

People dont change, people realize.

Thanks Phocea! You saved my time. I was about to look into it to see how it could be fixed. Luckly I found your fix and it works :thumbsup: ! Actually it does not need to be 'included' in any contrib since it's so simple that anyone who can reach this forum would no doubt be able to add the two lines of code. I believe people who do not want their customers to follow their own 'logic' would implement your fix albeit, perhaps, quietly :blink: .

Ken, you did test it right.

i think the solution for everyone to agree is right in front off everyone eyes ..

As I said before, yes someone could be annoyed to have to step back because the gift voucher is not used anymore ...

However at the moment it is IMPOSSIBLE for someone to remove it if thy change their mind ... hence why once the bos is ticked, it should remain tick when u get back to checkout_payment, but it should be possible to untick if if so we choose

I am also a developper for many years now and stopping a user doig what he could want is simply one of the first thing you try to avoid in the logic...

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

In the module ot_gv.php there are numerous references to a global session variable $cot_gv

Nowhere in the entire code is this variable registered in the session - what gives? WHERE (in the code) is it supposed to be registered? :huh:

Catblack

Good question. I have (at times) wondered (vaguely) about that myself, but never enough to do anything about it. Remember that this was ported from the old CCGV 5.10c, with various security patches applied, other features added, some my own, some not my own.

I wanted a stable working version, but I don't pretend that the code doesn't need cleaning up in places. It is something I will definitely look into.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Hi There.

I am looking a solution to fix the amount of a gift voucher, in the case of it's computing all the time the subtotal and the shipping, WHITOUT taxes!

As many osCommerce shopper, my prices includes differents VAT and prices are schowned including taxes.

Here is an exemple:

Sub-Total (including VAT): 14,40 ?

Shipping (Incl. VAT) (J+3) (0.266 kg): 6,10 ?

Gift Voucher: 18,75 ?

Total to pay: 0,00 ?

The trick is 14.40+6.10 is not 18.75 but 20.50. I think we have to redo a part of the ot_gv.php code, but in wich way?

Please help this wonderful contrib to FULLY works...

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 in 6 languages

TVA Intracomm

Numbers of visitors online

Who's online Enhancement

In your osCommerce admin panel, under Modules --> Order Total, set Taxes to be added after the Gift Voucher or Discount Coupon has been deducted.

Vger

Hi Vger,

Thank you for the reply, but it's is not this. Here are the order of my Order Total modules (translated in English):

Sub-Total (incl tax) - 1

Client Discount - 2

Discount Coupon - 3

Shipping - 4

Gift Voucher - 5

Total to Pay - 6

Taxes included - 7

It's works perfectly with the Christian P. tax fix for the discount coupon, but the ot_gv.php is not corrected by this fix. In Europe we have several different taxes.

All my taxes are fully functionnal for 1 year, the discount coupon with the Christian P. fix works perfectrly, by the gift voucher is nuts...

Have an idea?

Edited by thedream

TVA Intracomm

Who's online Enhancement

Client Discount is not part of CCGV(trad) so you've obviously modified it with something else. The 'tax fix' you provide a link to is also nothing to do with CCGV(trad) but is a fix for CCGV 5.16. I don't provide suppport for that other contribution.

Vger

Sorry Vger. Client Discount is a mod of mine, and is not in the package.

Could you be kind enough to tell me the diiference between CCGV 5.16 and CCGV(trag)? Because it's a little bit confusing. Who's the best? who's the orginbal? Which one to use?

TVA Intracomm

Who's online Enhancement

When I built CCGV I deliberately built it using corresponding files from the latest version of osCommerce (November 2005). In the Install file for CCGV(trad) it does say to make sure you are using the updated osCommerce, and if not to update it first.

However there then appeared to be a problem with updating quantities in the Shopping Cart, and this was resolved by removing instances of products_id_string (added in the updated osCommerce) in the shopping cart class file and replacing with products_id (the original code). Those changes exist in the latest version of CCGV(trad) - so provided your website is using the latest version of CCGV(trad) there should not be a problem updating quantities in the shopping cart.

Vger

Hi Rhea,

Updating quantities in shopping cart isn't working for me when using osCommerce 051113 together with the CCGV replacement in classes/shopping_cart.php (old and new code then). When only using 051113 code it works, so does the old code, but obviously not when using both old and new code.

The code above the CCGV replacement is referring to "products_id_string", isn't that strange? I am not really a php programmer, just asking.

I will need to remove the osC 051113 changes in the shopping cart class then. Would that be ok? Because I suppose I should not change the replacement for CCGV (the old code) to the new one in 051113.

Strange if it's just me having these problems.

Edited by Fredrik.r

This has been covered elsewhere in this thread. Change the instances of products_id_string in the shopping cart class back to products_id and it will work okay. The products_id_string was introduced for the updated version of osCommerce but does not work with CCGV.

Vger

Sorry Vger. Client Discount is a mod of mine, and is not in the package.

Could you be kind enough to tell me the diiference between CCGV 5.16 and CCGV(trag)? Because it's a little bit confusing. Who's the best? who's the orginbal? Which one to use?

ccgv (trad) is based on 5.10c asfar as I remember, so you may think it is 'more original' than its 'younger brother' 5.16. As to which is the best/to use, if you've installed 5.16 and it works for you, then good luck & keep it. Otherwise try ccgv (trad), which is simpler to install, and more likely than not, it'd work. If you also have some other contribs such as sppc, pwa etc installed like many people do, then you may need to do some tweaking to make them work together, and that'd be the best.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Thanks for replying Ken. Don't you have a tiny bug with the Gift Voucher file on counting the final prices with 1 or more (aka in Europe) different VAT?

TVA Intracomm

Who's online Enhancement

I have searched this thread with no solution to this specific problem.

I have installed the Discount Coupon and it seems to be running fine, every coupon I create works except one. When I try and do a percentage off a specific "Valid Categories List" or a "Valid Product List" the coupon doesn't get applied. When I try it with an exact dollar amount, it works.

Basically, why won't the percentage off work when applied to specific Categories or Products?

Edited by melvins138

Rhea, first of all, THANK YOU for taking this contribution under your wing to oversee some much needed developement. I wish I could have all the time back that I spent trying to get the other version working. Trad was so simle to install. I am, however, having a problem I'd like your feedback on.

On our development server, I loaded a clean install of osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817 using the update database option over a backup copy of our live database. All of our data (configuration, customer info, product details, etc.) was tested just short of a trial checkout and found to be working under the base install. We then applied the CCGV(trad) as per these instructions.

1. If your store has not been modified with other contributions then install the complete file set enclosed with this contribution.

2. Run the ccgv.sql file into your database via phpMyAdmin - this is not optional!

We then created a trial coupon which we attempted to redeem. During the checkout process, on the Delivery Information page, after clicking on Continue, we encounter a loop back to the Delivery Information page. I realize you haven't had time to test with a brand new release, but can you think of any reason why the most recent osCommerce update would conflict with CCGV(trad)?

Any help you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Quinton

Edited by Quinton

CCGV(trad) was written to work with the updated version of osCommerce that was released in November of last year. When I have the time (officially on holiday this week) I will have to update it to work with the newest update.

Vger

I have searched this thread with no solution to this specific problem.

I have installed the Discount Coupon and it seems to be running fine, every coupon I create works except one. When I try and do a percentage off a specific "Valid Categories List" or a "Valid Product List" the coupon doesn't get applied. When I try it with an exact dollar amount, it works.

Basically, why won't the percentage off work when applied to specific Categories or Products?

Nevermind. After searching a little more, I found this link about the very same problem.

Problem fixed.

Thanks, Vger, for a great contribution. It was exactly what my client needed.

Melvins138

I applied the 060817 update on both test/live sites, both of which have ccgv (trad) installed along with other contribs such as pwa, sppc etc, and I do not experience any problem during my past few days tests.

Also in the email sent from osCommerce that anounces the release of the new update 060817, it is stated that "The changes involved are minimal, do not break compatibility with contributions", which, according to my tests, seems true, although I did not implement all the 'fixes' (the one related to php3 was left out).

Ken

On our development server, I loaded a clean install of osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817 using the update database option over a backup copy of our live database. All of our data (configuration, customer info, product details, etc.) was tested just short of a trial checkout and found to be working under the base install. We then applied the CCGV(trad) as per these instructions.

We then created a trial coupon which we attempted to redeem. During the checkout process, on the Delivery Information page, after clicking on Continue, we encounter a loop back to the Delivery Information page. I realize you haven't had time to test with a brand new release, but can you think of any reason why the most recent osCommerce update would conflict with CCGV(trad)?

Thanks,

Quinton

Thanks GemRock,

I got the initial problem worked out by doing a manual install (copy additional files and modify others etc...) but now I am having two additional problems ... on the payment screen in the checkout process I do not see any field for the coupon code... and in the admin modules section under payment I do not see the CCGV module. Is this like any other module that shoudl show up there as well?

I'll have to go over it again and make sure that I didn't miss anything.

Thanks,

Quinton

Edited by Quinton

Hi Vger,

I think there is no error message in checkout_payment page for using a coupon code with products only valid for a category , and for coupon code valid only for a minimum amount.

I mean if you use a coupon for 40? min and you have only 20? in your cart, after entering the coupon code, there is no error message and on the checkout_confirmation page, there is no coupon line. It's good, but is there a way to add error message for the 2 point above, to explain to the customer why it coupon code doesn't match the requirement ?

btw, I don't have any javascript error message nor row mouse effect only on checkout_payment page, after installing ccgv trad. I see the url the error message when is should have one (http://xxxx/ checkout_payment.php?error_message=Invalid+Coupon+Code), but nothing appear. Any idea ? I've STS 4.2 installed but on a test catalog, without ccgv trad but STS4.2 , javascript is working on this page....

Thanks for your help.

Last thing : Phocea , could you put your code to add a free product when entering a special coupon code ? Thanks in advance!

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

... on the payment screen in the checkout process I do not see any field for the coupon code...

and in the admin modules section under payment I do not see the CCGV module.

Quinton,

You should see a redeem button on the checkout_payment page. The ccgv module would not show under the payment modules. Instead you should find them at the bottom of the left column when you click any of the 'Actions', e.g., Cofiguration or Modules. They are called "Vouchers/coupons".

If you can't find them from the pages as described above, then there may be something wrong in your installation.

HTH,

Ken

Hi Vger,

I don't have any javascript error message nor row mouse effect only on checkout_payment page, after installing ccgv trad. I see the url the error message when is should have one (http://xxxx/ checkout_payment.php?error_message=Invalid+Coupon+Code), but nothing appear. Any idea ? I've STS 4.2 installed but on a test catalog, without ccgv trad but STS4.2 , javascript is working on this page....

Thanks for your help.

Seb

Hi, I wonder if there is a JS alert when entering a non valid coupon code, or is the error only appear in the URL ?

If only in url, is there a way to popup a JS alert with the CCGV trad erreur, like invalid coupon code, invalid use/customer.... ?

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Hey GemRock,

I got it working sort of... I misplaced one line in my manual edit, which has been fixed... I am now seeing two odd behaviors.

We created a gift voucher for free shipping and 50% off on all orders over $10. ( We just randomly chose those values. ) When we redeem the voucher, the shipping is accounted for but the 50% off is not applied. Is it possible to apply multiple discounts on a single coupon code? If not, is it possible to apply multiple coupon codes on a single order?

The second problem is on the admin console. Under Vouchers/Coupons - Gift Voucher Queue I see the release and delete options but I am at a loss as to how to create a gift voucher... This one may be a RTFM type question but just how does one create a Gift Voucher? Specifically, we are looking to make it possible for customers to purchase a gift voucher for a friend.

Thanks for your help.

Quinton