• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

I am exceedingly happy to report that I now have the Vouchers/Coupons option in my admin panel. While going file by file, I found 2 edits that I missed <blush>.

I placed an order for a certificate but there is nothing in the gift voucher queue. When does it appear? I got my emails from Paypal saying that it was paid for.

Marcia

I am exceedingly happy to report that I now have the Vouchers/Coupons option in my admin panel. While going file by file, I found 2 edits that I missed <blush>

by the sounds of it you didn't add the links in the admin/includes/boxes files... maybe you can enlighten us?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

They are automatically installed with CCGV(trad), no need to go to Modules --> Order Totals and install them.

Vger

This is what I meant:

Enabling Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons

To enable the Gift Voucher, go to your admin->modules->order_total->Gift Vouchers and choose to install it. On a default system there should be a button with a green cross and the word 'Install'. Click that.

To enable the Discount Coupon, go to your admin->modules->order_total->Discount Coupons and choose to install it. On a default system there should be a button with a green cross and the word 'Install'. Click that.

I see that in the latest version they are pre-enabled.

Edited by baddog

I have another question, now that things are working nicely.

I don't call Gift Certificates, Gift Vouchers, so consequently, I want to change all references to Vouchers to Certificates. I have managed to find all except the ones used in the faqs. Not the questions but the answers.

Can you tell me what file I can find the answers in?

Thanks and this is such a great contrib and an incredible forum!

Marcia

To make life easy for yourself when working with osCommerce:

1. Keep a copy of the website on your computer

2. Download and install Text Pad and use the 'Find In Files' feature to locate any text or code you wish to locate anywhere in the osCommerce folder/website.

3. For future use also download and install Win Merge - it will come in handy.

Vger

I wish I could but I discovered it at work today and didn't actually make note of it then. I'm sorry...

Marcia

nothing to be sorry about :D

i clocked what you probably forgot to do but for the benefit of others it always helps when people post the reason/how they fixed their error rather than say 'i fixed it, now the next question is...'

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

To make life easy for yourself when working with osCommerce:

1. Keep a copy of the website on your computer

2. Download and install Text Pad and use the 'Find In Files' feature to locate any text or code you wish to locate anywhere in the osCommerce folder/website.

3. For future use also download and install Win Merge - it will come in handy.

Vger

1 - OK, I do keep a copy of the osc files on my computer.

2 - I dl'ed Text Pad but I couldn't get it to find the word Voucher. Not sure if that's how I do it.

3 - I do use Win Merge. How would I use that to find the answers to the faqs to change vouchers to certificates?

Marcia

With Text Pad, select Find In Files and then select the whole folder where you have your copy of osCommerce, and it'll seach the whole folder.

Vger

I'll try that again at work...

Another question, I want to set up a Discount Coupon. When I go to view the Valid Product List or Valid Categories List I get this error

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/u4/lgussack/html/osc/admin/validcategories.php on line 41

in a new window. Here is row 41-49 in file:

if ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

do {

echo "<td>".$row["categories_id"]."</td>\n";

echo "<td>".$row["categories_name"]."</td>\n";

echo "</tr>\n";

}

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result));

}

echo "</table>\n";

Any ideas???

Marcia

You'll need to do a search of the osCommerce forums to find the answer to that, which may be specific to certain versions of PHP. Use the Google Toolbar (install it if you don't have it), put this into the Google Search Box while on the osCommerce forums "Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in" and elect to Search only within this site.

Vger

You'll need to do a search of the osCommerce forums to find the answer to that, which may be specific to certain versions of PHP. Use the Google Toolbar (install it if you don't have it), put this into the Google Search Box while on the osCommerce forums "Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in" and elect to Search only within this site.

Vger

Couldn't find the answer, yet, but I may post this on main forum. BUT...there is always a but, when I, at least, go to set up the Discount Coupons, I click on preview and confirm but no coupon is displayed on the Discount Coupons page and the edit section shows no coupon name, amount, etc.

There are only two possible reasons for this happening, and I'm afraid I can't help any further with either of them:

1. CCGV(trad) is still not installed completely and correctly

2. There is a problem with the rest of the website.

Vger

• 2 weeks later...

Occasionally, we accept a return from a customer and want to give store credit as oppose to actual cash back. Is there an easy way to just ADD an account balance to that customer? Also, if they already have an account balance is there a way to EDIT their account balance?

thanks in advance for a great contrib!

You can only edit an existing account balance from the database.

If you wish to give someone a store credit then email them a Gift Voucher or else set up a Discount Coupon for them and email them the code.

Vger

I searched nearly the whole forum now but actually didn't found anything matching. Maybe someone can help me: As soon as the credits for the vouchers are worth more than the actual total price the total shows "0.00". This is pretty normal and so it's also not a surprise that with the PayPal IPN Contribution the PayPal page shows an error that the amount is 0 and it couldn't be processed. The only MINOR problem I got a the moment is that the credits still remain although the payment has been processed but wasn't confirmed. What I would have to do is basically updating the status of such payments manually just for making downloads etc available to the customer.

My question is whether there's any possibility to have those payments completely covered by the Vouchers confirmed even if the Payment Process itself couldn't be established due to the total amount is 0? It would be really great for me cause it would save a lot of time looking after such payments who are "Pending" due to a failed Payment Process. I use the CCGV(trad) Contribution and the PayPal IPN contribution v1.4.

Thanks very much in advance! :)

You can only edit an existing account balance from the database.

If you wish to give someone a store credit then email them a Gift Voucher or else set up a Discount Coupon for them and email them the code.

Vger

thanks vger. this is how i've been doing it but i was hoping to just be able to directly create and/or edit a customers account balance.

thanks....

It's a problem if the only payment module available for your customers is Pay Pal. If you make another payment module available which works internally e.g. Check/Money Order or C.O.D then that resolves the problem. None of the online card processing companies allow you to submit a zero balance.

Vger

I searched nearly the whole forum now but actually didn't found anything matching. Maybe someone can help me: As soon as the credits for the vouchers are worth more than the actual total price the total shows "0.00". This is pretty normal and so it's also not a surprise that with the PayPal IPN Contribution the PayPal page shows an error that the amount is 0 and it couldn't be processed. The only MINOR problem I got a the moment is that the credits still remain although the payment has been processed but wasn't confirmed. What I would have to do is basically updating the status of such payments manually just for making downloads etc available to the customer.

My question is whether there's any possibility to have those payments completely covered by the Vouchers confirmed even if the Payment Process itself couldn't be established due to the total amount is 0? It would be really great for me cause it would save a lot of time looking after such payments who are "Pending" due to a failed Payment Process. I use the CCGV(trad) Contribution and the PayPal IPN contribution v1.4.

I have a question regarding this contribution which hopefully someone can answer: is it possible to set up gift vouchers to work with multiple currencies? I use 4 currencies on my store and would like to have gift vouchers in each one of them.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Multiple Currencies? Yes, but each voucher will be for the amount converted form your default currency. So if your default currency is UK Pounds and you have a £10.00 Voucher then the same voucher in Euros would cost approximately 14.50 euros. The alternative is to set up Gift Vouchers (and their images) using different currencies and give people the option of which currency to buy them in.

Vger

Edited by Vger

I take credit cards that are processed through Linkpoint and have no problem getting the system to confirm and process orders with $0 due (after application of the Gift Certificate account balance). I don't know if it is related to the changes I made to make this work with Linkpoint or not, but it works.

A few problems with this contribution for me.

Over Christmas I had a few people purchase Gift Vouchers. Only then did I realize their had problems with this contribution for me. When the customer emailed the Gift Vouchers to someone, that person was unable to redeem them. It is basically impossible.

Secondly, if a customer has a gift voucher amount and bonus points, the customer cannot pay via credit cards or any other payment method.

Thirdly, whenever I click on the report button for discount coupons, nothing happens.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance.