• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Why are you using both the CCGV and CCGV(trad) support threads?

Which one have you installed as that is the one you will need help on? I have answered some of your posts directly on the CCGV support thread and now I find you asking for help on this thread too - so which have you actually installed??

I have installed CCGV(trad). My questions on the other thread had more to do with finding out which contrib to use. I am using CCGV(trad).

Is there a way to post the error message that displays in the url on the checkout_payment.php page so that customers know why they are taken back to that page again? So it would show This Coupon Has Expired or You Have Exceeded the Number of Uses - or whatever the error is? Didn't know if this was already done - if not, I'll take a stab at it and see what I can come up with.
Hi Rubygirl,

it seems you have STS installed... Do the test, deactivate sts and enter a wrong coupon code. You'll see the red banner.

I had the same issue solved like that :

In checkout_payment.php, find line avg 200:

if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']

and AFTER the last } of this condition above, add this code after a <td> balise, where yo'd like to see the error text :

<td><?php
	   ////ADDED for error message
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerError">
<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
 /// EN DADDED
 ?>

And now it's ok.

hope this helps.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

I have a problem..I have everything working as it should but when I try to process a credit card with the voucher being used it returns an error stating this:

https://www.ganodermacoffee.com/checkout_payment.php?error_message=There+has+been+an+error+processing+your+credit+card%2C+please+try+again+:
%20SGS-002301:%20Charge%20total%20must%20be%20the%20sum%20of%20subtotal,%20tax,%20value%20added%20tax,%20and%20shipping

I use linkpoint, but I same sure that does not have matter, bu thought I would include it.

Example of what I did:

Sub-Total: $19.90

United States Postal Service (1 x 1.43lbs) (Priority (2 - 3 Days)): $4.20

TX TAX 8.25%: $1.64

Gift Vouchers: $9.95

Members Discount: $0.50

Total: $15.29

Does anyone know why this is not working for me.

I have this working with ccgv(trad) and Linkpoint now. If you go to http://www.oscmax.com/forums/ and search for Linkpoint, you'll be able to see the details.

This is the osCommerce Forum, and it has nothing to do with osC Max or any other offshoot of osCommerce. CCGV(trad) is only meant for use on osCommerce and I am not going to be answering questions on other carts. Please do not post anything here to do with other carts.

Vger

They are automatically installed with CCGV(trad), no need to go to Modules --> Order Totals and install them.

Vger

Have you gone to Admin and clicked on Modules, selected Order Total, and installed Gift Certificates?

If you go to Admin and click on Tools, do you see a box towards the bottom that says Certificates/Coupons?

No, Free Shipping overrides any other setting.

It should be remembered that the original CCGV was written by Ian C Wilson (Wilt) now of the Zen Cart Team. All I have done is to take one of the stable versions of CCGV (before it got totally messed up) and added a few extra features to it and debugged it a little.

CCGV was an ambtious piece of work, but unfortunately it was written by modifying the 'download' function of osCommerce and most of the problems that have crept in since then go back to the way in which it was originally written. It would have been better if it had bypassed the 'download' function and used a codebase of its own.

It's just too much work to go back to the start and rewrite it from scratch now.

Vger

hi Vger,

I've just read many pages but nothing found about :

is it possible to combine in one unique coupon, the ability to have both xx% discount AND free shipping ?

Thanks.

seb

This is the osCommerce Forum, and it has nothing to do with osC Max or any other offshoot of osCommerce. CCGV(trad) is only meant for use on osCommerce and I am not going to be answering questions on other carts. Please do not post anything here to do with other carts.

Vger

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that the fix related to osCMax. I am using osCommerce (not osCMax) and running CCGV(trad) on it using Linkpoint. My files have been modified to allow the use of Linkpoint without the error that can be encountered if the files are not modified and the amount of the gift certificate is less than the total amount due. I hope that clears things up a bit. Again, I apologize for any confusion.

They are automatically installed with CCGV(trad), no need to go to Modules --> Order Totals and install them.

Vger

Well, I configured them according to the installation directions. I just don't have anything listed in my admin panel for them. This is the list in admin panel:

Configuration

Catalog

Modules

Customers

Locations / Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

What did I miss so that I don't have the voucher/coupon access?

Well, something is missing from the install somewhere - because if you have run the sql file into the database using phpMyAdmin and you have made the changes to the admin side of things then the links would be appearing there.

Vger

Well, something is missing from the install somewhere - because if you have run the sql file into the database using phpMyAdmin and you have made the changes to the admin side of things then the links would be appearing there.

Vger

In the sql database there are these files:

coupons

coupons_description

coupon_email_track

coupon_gv_customer

coupon_gv_queue

coupon_redeem_track

Are these files for the sql file from ccgv? Maybe I did it wrong...

Those are the extra tables that the ccgv.sql file adds, but the ones which control what appears in the admin side are the 'configuration' parts of that file e.g

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Welcome Gift Voucher Amount', 'NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0', 'Welcome Gift Voucher Amount: If you do not wish to send a Gift Voucher in your create account email put 0 for no amount else if you do place the amount here i.e. 10.00 or 50.00 no currency signs', 1, 31, NULL, '2003-12-05 05:01:41', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Welcome Discount Coupon Code', 'NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '', 'Welcome Discount Coupon Code: if you do not want to send a coupon in your create account email leave blank else place the coupon code you wish to use', 1, 32, NULL, '2003-12-05 05:01:41', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Total', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_STATUS', 'true', 'Do you want to display the Discount Coupon value?', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_SORT_ORDER', '9', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '2', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function ,date_added) values ('Include Shipping', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_INC_SHIPPING', 'true', 'Include Shipping in calculation', '6', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function ,date_added) values ('Include Tax', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_INC_TAX', 'true', 'Include Tax in calculation.', '6', '6','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function ,date_added) values ('Re-calculate Tax', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_CALC_TAX', 'None', 'Re-Calculate Tax', '6', '7','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'None\', \'Standard\', \'Credit Note\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class when treating Discount Coupon as Credit Note.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Total', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS', 'true', 'Do you want to display the Gift Voucher value?', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_SORT_ORDER', '740', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '2', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Queue Purchases', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_QUEUE', 'true', 'Do you want to queue purchases of the Gift Voucher?', '6', '3','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function ,date_added) values ('Include Shipping', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_INC_SHIPPING', 'true', 'Include Shipping in calculation', '6', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function ,date_added) values ('Include Tax', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_INC_TAX', 'true', 'Include Tax in calculation.', '6', '6','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function ,date_added) values ('Re-calculate Tax', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_CALC_TAX', 'None', 'Re-Calculate Tax', '6', '7','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'None\', \'Standard\', \'Credit Note\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class when treating Gift Voucher as Credit Note.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function ,date_added) values ('Credit including Tax', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_CREDIT_TAX', 'false', 'Add tax to purchased Gift Voucher when crediting to Account', '6', '8','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());

Check the 'configuration' table in the database using phpMyAdmin and look for those entries. If you only just added CCGV(trad) then they will be the last entries on the last page/s of the 'configuration' table. If they are not there then drop the new ccgv tables and then run the whole ccgv.sql file again.

Vger

Check the 'configuration' table in the database using phpMyAdmin and look for those entries. If you only just added CCGV(trad) then they will be the last entries on the last page/s of the 'configuration' table. If they are not there then drop the new ccgv tables and then run the whole ccgv.sql file again.

I'm sorry and I so do appreciate this but I really don't know what you mean. I look in the configuration file in the database and I see this under the tab Structure:

configuration_id int(11) No auto_increment Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

configuration_title varchar(64) No Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

configuration_key varchar(64) No Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

configuration_value varchar(255) No Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

configuration_description varchar(255) No Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

configuration_group_id int(11) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

sort_order int(5) Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

last_modified datetime Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

date_added datetime No 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

use_function varchar(255) Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

set_function varchar(255) Yes NULL

If I click on, for ex, configuration_title, I get this:

Field TypeDocumentation Length/Values* Attributes Null Default** Extra

* If field type is "enum" or "set", please enter the values using this format: 'a','b','c'...

If you ever need to put a backslash ("\") or a single quote ("'") amongst those values, preceed it with a backslash (for example '\\xyz' or 'a\'b').

** For default values, please enter just a single value, without backslash escaping or quotes, using this format: a

Where do I put that code or look for it?

I'm really not too competent in this stuff and trying real hard.

Marcia

By default phpMyAdmin shows 30 records per page, and you'll see links to take you onto page 2, 3 etc. Around page 5 look for the entries for 'Welcome Gift Voucher Amount' etc. There should be 16 entries in all for CCGV(trad)

Vger

Edited by Vger

That's okay - should have told you to click on the Browse button - which will then show you what's in the table and not just the structure of it.

Vger

Those file are not in configuration. I actually have 6 configuration files (although they are all the same, actually it seems that I have 6 duplicates of all my files in the database). They are either osc_configuration, or osc1_configuration, etc.

If I try to run just the code you wrote, I get this error:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function )

VALUES (

'Welcome Gift Voucher Amount', 'NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0', 'Welcome Gift Voucher Amount: If you do not wish to send a Gift Voucher in your create account email put 0 for no amount else if you do place the amount here i.e. 10.00 or 50.00 no currency signs', 1, 31, NULL , '2003-12-05 05:01:41', NULL , NULL

)

MySQL said: Documentation

#1146 - Table 'lgussack.configuration' doesn't exist

What does it mean that lgussack.configuration doesn't exist?

What should I do next?

By default phpMyAdmin shows 30 records per page, and you'll see links to take you onto page 2, 3 etc. Around page 5 look for the entries for 'Welcome Gift Voucher Amount' etc. There should be 16 entries in all for CCGV(trad)

Vger

Ignore last email...I have the entries. Thanks for sending me further!

Now what?

I'm signing off now, but if you can't find those entries on the last page of the 'configuration' table (whichever number page it is) then do this:

1. On the left click on the name of the database, which will show oyu the list of all of the tables to the right.

2. Tick the extra tables added for CCGV (only those tables).

3. Then click on the Red 'X' to 'Drop' those tables.

4. Go to the SQL or Import tab at the top of the page.

5. Use the Browse function to locate the ccgv.sql file on your own computer.

6. Click the 'Go' button.

That should do it.

This is only if you can't find those ccgv entries in the 'configuration' table.

Always best to download a backup of your database before editing it (use the Export Tab).

Vger

From your last post it sounds as if your whole database is in a bit of a mess. If this is a new website with only the default tables and settings then drop all of the tables and start again by importing the oscommerce.sql file from the 'install' folder, and then add the ccgv.sql file.

Vger

p.s. You need to run the whole ccgv.sql file and not Copy and Paste part of it into an sql window - it wasn't written to work in that way - the sql syntax is different.

Edited by Vger

From your last post it sounds as if your whole database is in a bit of a mess. If this is a new website with only the default tables and settings then drop all of the tables and start again by importing the oscommerce.sql file from the 'install' folder, and then add the ccgv.sql file.

Vger

p.s. You need to run the whole ccgv.sql file and not Copy and Paste part of it into an sql window - it wasn't written to work in that way - the sql syntax is different.

Now I'm really nervous! OSC was installed through my web host. I have a few contribs installed (paypal_ipn, usps methods, those are the major ones). I've already set up the catalog with items. Is it possible to just delete the duplicate files?

OK Vger, I cleaned up the database but I still don't see anything in the admin panel. My configuration file has all the ccgv files.

What else could be missing? I will go over my coding yet again today although I did go file by file yesterday.

Gift Certificates are an important part of my shop so it's real important that it works. Please advise if there is anything you can figure out.

Thanks again!

Marcia