• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Hello Vger,

I have been enjoying this contribution for the past 6 months - no problems with sending from admin or buying one as a product.

Today I did have one problem pop up : when a customer goes to his account on the very bottom he finds a field where can send a gv to a friend. When the customer enters an amount (we have Euros and dollars) he gets a warning "Invalid amount", with or without monetary signs. I checked the data base and both product-price and coupon_gv_customer are configured for decimals but I can not figure out what could be wrong, since everything else works like a charm.

What do you think?

Is the customer trying to send more than is in the account balance?

Vger

Hello Vger,

It is for the exact amount. I tried entering the amout without symbols, I tried 10EUR since the Euro "symbol" in Admin is EUR and get "Invalid amount every time.

Oh and also tried as 10.00 and 10.00EUR.

Oh Vger, thanks for your time... it's another one of my idiocies. Forgot to check the queue again to see if it had to be released. Forgive me. It does work just fine.

The confusion comes in when the customer clicks on "My Account" and at the bottom sees the box "Send a Gift Voucher" even though there is no balance yet. So thinks it is there to buy and send ! i have to rewrite that so should there be no balance the customer doesn't click on "Send a Gift Voucher".

Thanks again. We had a blast last weekend doing an operation "Discount Coupon for a weekend" for old and new customers and really tested the part with old clients receiving one by email and new sign-ups getting it automatically on login and boy does that work! It is a super means to spark sales. Everyone needs this contribution.

I've got an issue with showing the right total tax. When setting a coupon to give 25% tax I want it to give a rebate of 25% including tax for a product. But I don't want the coupons tax to be shown in the tax total.

Example;

Product = $500 including tax

Coupon - 25% = $125

Total tax $75 (based on order sum $375)

Would very much appreciate som help with this, a magazine with coupons will be out in stores tomorrow.. :/

If it was working previously but is not working now, then it is happening as a result of something you have done. Without knowing what that is I'm afraid I can't even begin to guess at what the cause is.

Vger

I have been using CCGV for awhile, and when people ordered a gift cert, there was no problem with the checkout, etc. Now, they are being charged shiping. I am using table rates, have been for quite some time.

what can I do to fix this?

osCommerce admin panel - Include Tax In Total setting?

Vger

I've got an issue with showing the right total tax. When setting a coupon to give 25% tax I want it to give a rebate of 25% including tax for a product. But I don't want the coupons tax to be shown in the tax total.

Example;

Product = $500 including tax

Coupon - 25% = $125

Total tax $75 (based on order sum $375)

Would very much appreciate som help with this, a magazine with coupons will be out in stores tomorrow.. :/

osCommerce admin panel - Include Tax In Total setting?

Vger

Hi Vger,

I am not sure I understand.

I see display total, inlude tax, re-calculate tax and tax class in Order total -> Disount Coupons

Edited by Fredrik.r

Sorry, wrong word;

That is set to true. All prices are including tax. The coupon should give a rebate of 25% including tax but there should be no tax for the coupon itself in the TAX TOTAL.

The coupon is not a product and therefor need no tax payment, but it should give the customer 25% off including tax.

Sorry, after reloading pages here I cant edit my past posts.

Below is an explanation of how I want it to work. My issue is that right now the total tax is 113,60 = 20,00 coupon tax for the 125,00 coupon. I have tried all options I can think of and it never gets as below. "Include shipping" is set to false in discount coupons.

ccgv.gif

Edited by Fredrik.r

Try this sort order:

Sub Total = 1

Shipping = 2

Tax = 3

Total= 4

Discount Coupon = 9

Gift Voucher = 10

Low Order Fee = 11

The discount is only applied after the tax is calculated, and before the Low Order Fee. With the exception of the Low Order Fee this is how it should be arranged anyway - and is the default arrangement.

Vger

Hi Vger,

That will result in

Total ex shipping 500,00

Shipping 39,00

Including tax 107,80

Total 539,00

Discount -125,00

Invoice fee 29,00

The final sum will be 443,00 and with that sum the tax isnt right? It will be full tax, same like with no discount at all..

I didn't know the total can be before the coupon. The customer will not see the final total then?

(I suppose I will need to change the invoice fee in not being a low order fee.. not sure how to make it a fixed fee so that the CCGV wont discount it.) The invoice fee needs to be included in tax total.

Edited by Fredrik.r

Cost of goods = 500

Shipping = 39

both these figures include the tax (which is how you have it set up -correct?)

The 25% discount is then applied to the 539, which reduces it to 431.2 (a 25% discount on 539)

Finally you add the Low Order Fee of 29, which takes it to 460.2

In summary

--------------

The 500 and the 39 include tax, and come to 539

The 25% discount is then applied to the 539 (which includes the tax, so the discount is applied to the tax element)

This leaves 431.2

You add the Low Order Fee at the end.

Final total is 460.2

Those figures are correct.

If you need to apply tax to the Low Order Fee then you select a Tax Class in its settings

Vger

Hi,

Thanks a lot for trying to help me!! Yes products and shipping includes tax. So does low order fee, but since it is after tax in the order total sort it will not be included in total tax..

25% discount on 539 should be 404,25 or am I wrong? Also, as I wrote above, the discount coupon dows not include shipping. So it is a 25% discount at 500 which will be a discount of 125.

I want it to do a discount of 125 including tax, so that the customer will pay 375 for the item. But I don't want the coupons tax of 20,00 to be shown in the total tax. As a store owner I shouldn't pay tax for the discount coupon but the customer should have a discount of 125 SEK including tax.

Edit: When removing 25% tax from 539 it will be 431,20 but when giving 25% discount to an sum of 539 it will be 404,25.

Edited by Fredrik.r

Just for me to get this clear;

In the case you suggested I will pay the same tax as store owner as when not offering discount coupons at all. Is this right? I though I should discount the item 25% including tax but only pay tax for the new discounted item price (375), shipping and invoice fee.

Edited by Fredrik.r