• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

Help.... I have no idea what is going on. I installed CCGV(trad)_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10.zip I ran the DB script. I added a coupon via the admin. I went to my store and went to buy something and there was no option to enter the coupon code on the site.

My checkout_payment.php has:

<?php

echo $order_total_modules->credit_selection();// CCGV

?>

in it where it should be.

I have used a diff program several times to check that i did not miss anything. I have no idea why the box to enter the the coupon during checkout will not display.

Any idea's please??

Help.... I have no idea what is going on. I installed CCGV(trad)_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10.zip I ran the DB script. I added a coupon via the admin. I went to my store and went to buy something and there was no option to enter the coupon code on the site.

My checkout_payment.php has:

<?php
?>

in it where it should be.

I have used a diff program several times to check that i did not miss anything. I have no idea why the box to enter the the coupon during checkout will not display.

Any idea's please??

by the way, sorry for posting 3 times..

Not only have you posted here on the CCGV(trad) forum, you have also posted on the CCGV forum too....

After looking at your multiple posts I see you are using this one, CCGV(trad).

Anyway, if that is the only amended line you have in checkout_payment.php then you are in trouble because there are a total of 5 pieces of code that need to be added. Don't bother to text-diff, just add the file with the CCGV(trad) download and see if the checkout appears correctly, that way you will know if it is something else that you have screwed up.

Then you will know where to start looking.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Not only have you posted here on the CCGV(trad) forum, you have also posted on the CCGV forum too....

After looking at your multiple posts I see you are using this one, CCGV(trad).

Anyway, if that is the only amended line you have in checkout_payment.php then you are in trouble because there are a total of 5 pieces of code that need to be added. Don't bother to text-diff, just add the file with the CCGV(trad) download and see if the checkout appears correctly, that way you will know if it is something else that you have screwed up.

Then you will know where to start looking.

Chooch, you are correct, I posted in the other one because I am frustrated at my inability to get TRAD installed yet I can not even start to figure the other one out.

I do have all the code for TRAD in my file. and in all files that are required. I restored an older version of my code and reinstalled TRAD and got the same results again. Everything is in the admin and is working correctly there, I can setup coupons, but there is no coupon entry box on the payments page. It just does not show up. I am at a total loss to understand the error in my ways.

Here is the whole file.

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_payment.php,v 1.113 2003/06/29 23:03:27 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   $navigation->set_snapshot();
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page
 if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
 }

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 }

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID
 if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {
   if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
   }
 }

// if we have been here before and are coming back get rid of the credit covers variable
if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');  //CCGV

// Stock Check
 if ( (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT != 'true') ) {
   $products = $cart->get_products();
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
     if (tep_check_stock($products[$i]['id'], $products[$i]['quantity'])) {
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
       break;
     }
   }
 }

// if no billing destination address was selected, use the customers own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('billto')) {
   tep_session_register('billto');
   $billto = $customer_default_address_id;
 } else {
// verify the selected billing address
   $check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$billto . "'");
   $check_address = tep_db_fetch_array($check_address_query);

if ($check_address['total'] != '1') {
     $billto = $customer_default_address_id;
     if (tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_unregister('payment');
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');// CCGV
 $order_total_modules = new order_total;// CCGV
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); // CCGV

// load all enabled payment modules
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
 $payment_modules = new payment;

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
var selected;
<?php /* following jscript function ADDED FOR CCGV */ ?>
var submitter = null;
function submitFunction() {
  submitter = 1;
  }
<?php /* END OF ADDED FOR CCGV */ ?>
function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect) {
 if (!selected) {
   if (document.getElementById) {
     selected = document.getElementById('defaultSelected');
   } else {
     selected = document.all['defaultSelected'];
   }
 }

if (selected) selected.className = 'moduleRow';
 object.className = 'moduleRowSelected';
 selected = object;

// one button is not an array
 if (document.checkout_payment.payment[0]) {
   document.checkout_payment.payment[buttonSelect].checked=true;
 } else {
   document.checkout_payment.payment.checked=true;
 }
}

function rowOverEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRow') object.className = 'moduleRowOver';
}

function rowOutEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRowOver') object.className = 'moduleRow';
}
//--></script>
<?php echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); ?>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_payment', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'), 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_form();"'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_payment.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']) && is_object(${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}) && ($error = ${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}->get_error())) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['title']); ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBoxNotice">
         <tr class="infoBoxNoticeContents">
             <tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td class="main" width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['error']); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION; ?><br><br><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_change_address.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td align="right" width="50%" valign="top"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" align="center" valign="top"><b><?php echo TITLE_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_south_east.gif'); ?></td>
                   <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, true, ' ', '<br>'); ?></td>
                 </tr>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
<?php
 $selection = $payment_modules->selection();

if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECT_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></td>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top" align="right"><b><?php echo TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_east_south.gif'); ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="100%" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION; ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
 }

$radio_buttons = 0;
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($selection); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
   if ( ($selection[$i]['id'] == $payment) || ($n == 1) ) {
     echo '                  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
   } else {
     echo '                  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
   }
?>
                   <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                   <td class="main" colspan="3"><b><?php echo $selection[$i]['module']; ?></b></td>
                   <td class="main" align="right">
<?php
   if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
     echo tep_draw_radio_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
   } else {
     echo tep_draw_hidden_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
   }
?>
                   </td>
                   <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   if (isset($selection[$i]['error'])) {
?>
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" colspan="4"><?php echo $selection[$i]['error']; ?></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   } elseif (isset($selection[$i]['fields']) && is_array($selection[$i]['fields'])) {
?>
                 <tr>
                   <td colspan="4"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
     for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($selection[$i]['fields']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
?>
                     <tr>
                       <td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['title']; ?></td>
                       <td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['field']; ?></td>
                     </tr>
<?php
     }
?>
                   </table></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   $radio_buttons++;
 }
?>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE . '</b><br>' . TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr>
               <td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
             <tr>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
               <td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
           <td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
             <tr>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '" class="checkoutBarFrom">' . CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY . '</a>'; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

O and thank you very much..

OK so i found the solution... I am not exactly sure what did it but here is the deal.

I saw post above about items missing in Order Total Modules and figured I would check to see if I had that same issue. I did not. But while in there I changed the values of Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers from the defaults and Saved. I set them as below and now the box shows on the Payments screen to enter the coupon code.

I do not know if it was the default values of 9 and 740 causing the issue, or if it was the "Save" which corrected something that was wrong but either way it is there.

Discount Coupons 5

Gift Vouchers 6

So thank you, We are off to testing now that we are installed. Thank you. O and Thank you.

This is a new issue not discussed elsewhere in the forum.

REGARDING: Coupon discount and calculation do not appear on the checkout confirmation page unless it is refreshed, at which point it shows and calculates correctly.

Can anyone suggest a solution that will display the coupon discount line item as well as the recalculated total on the initial loading of the checkout confirmation page?

:'(

sorry to post again but im kind of dumbfounded with this one.

ccgv + all the order modules seem to be working properly as per how i had set them up but yesterday i went into admin and they've all dissappeared except for Discount Coupons. i note everything is still working fine, but i can't change any settings now ie sort order for order totals etc.

ordertotalmm4.jpg

someone please point me in the right direction :blush:

Edited by dumadiscount

OK so i found the solution... I am not exactly sure what did it but here is the deal.

I saw post above about items missing in Order Total Modules and figured I would check to see if I had that same issue. I did not. But while in there I changed the values of Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers from the defaults and Saved. I set them as below and now the box shows on the Payments screen to enter the coupon code.

I do not know if it was the default values of 9 and 740 causing the issue, or if it was the "Save" which corrected something that was wrong but either way it is there.

Discount Coupons 5

Gift Vouchers 6

So thank you, We are off to testing now that we are installed. Thank you. O and Thank you.

OK I am still fighting to get this working correctly. The coupon entry box is now on the payments page per the above, however as soon as you type a coupon in and hit redeem it takes you directly back to the login page. Re-entering your userid and password does not log you back in.

Anyone ever seen this?

OK I am still fighting to get this working correctly. The coupon entry box is now on the payments page per the above, however as soon as you type a coupon in and hit redeem it takes you directly back to the login page. Re-entering your userid and password does not log you back in.

Anyone ever seen this?

I should add I have SEO contrib installed and I found that if i set it to False then it does not take me back to the login page, it reloads the current page with the error: "Please select a payment method for your order." if i select a payment type fill in the payment info and then enter a coupon code and hit redeem, it takes me to the confirmation page and applys the coupon rather then reloading the current page saying the coupon has been redeemed. I am so lost.

I should add I have SEO contrib installed and I found that if i set it to False then it does not take me back to the login page, it reloads the current page with the error: "Please select a payment method for your order." if i select a payment type fill in the payment info and then enter a coupon code and hit redeem, it takes me to the confirmation page and applys the coupon rather then reloading the current page saying the coupon has been redeemed. I am so lost.

OK i am getting closer.. it is only having issues if Ultimate SOE is turned on and the CCGV returns an error like coupon code not found or

http://site.net/checkout_payment.php?error...ustomer.1+times.

If SOE is turned on, the error is not displayed at the top of payment page, rather you are redirected to the login page and you can not log in.

anyone help me.. please ..

There are two 'forms' in use on the checkout payment page, one for the Redeem function in CCGV(trad) and the other for the Payment options. If you click Redeem without entering a Payment option then you do get that error - just as if you tried to go to Checkout Confirmation without selecting a Payment option when CCGV(trad) is not installed.

If you do select a Payment option, enter a coupon code and hit Redeem then you do go to Checkout Confirmation - this is correct behaviour.

In the next version of CCGV(trad) the Redeem button is simply going to be removed - there isn't actually a need for it.

Your problem with getting logged out is most likely a problem with your includes/configure.php file.

Vger

When using Ultimate SEO URL's make sure that 'Enable automatic redirects' is set to false.

Vger

Thanks for the suggestions. I have verified everying in includes/configure.php is correct, I do not see any settings out of sorts.

I have now turned off enable automatic redirects and cleared the SEO cache.

If I enter a valid coupon code everything works fine. If I enter an invalid coupon code or any coupon code which would cause the URL checkout_payment.php?error_message= i get redirected to the login page.

If I disable Ultimagte SEO I get the checkout_payment.php?error_message= page with the error displayed.

I can not figgure out this redirect to the login page. Driving me Nutty..

any more suggestions or advice?

Please and thanks.

Edited by faqbch99

CCGV(trad) does not affect how Tax is applied to physical products.

Vger

First let me say thank you for all that you have done with this, and other great contributions.

I have been at this for days. I have installed, and re-installed (beyond compare2 code implementing). I have read every thread I can find. I really have tried. I was trying to get CCGV (trad) to work with Paypal IPN 1.3 and QTPRO 4.25. All seemed to be working. And then I realized that CCGV changed the way tax was being implemented on physical products. I know you say that it doesn't, but I beg you to try what I have just done.

By the way, I am in Ontario Canada, and the Retail Sales Tax laws here state that tax on goods is based on the delivery address, not the billing address.

So I decided to take every other contribution out of the equation. I installed a fresh OSC. Installed RST Zone/class/rate (8%) for Ontario Canada. I registered as a customer with an Ontario, Canada address. I then added a new address book entry with a British Columbia, Canada address. I added the PST class to a product (with a weight of 10) and did a test purchase.

8% is added to the product price when billing & delivery address is Ontario.

No tax is added when billing & delivery address is British Columbia.

If I have a billing address in Ontario, but a delivery address of British Columbia, no tax is added to the product price.

If I have a billing address of British Columbia, but a delivery address in Ontario, 8% is added to the product price.

This is how it should be. So base OSC is doing things properly.

I then installed all the CCGV (trad) files. And inported the sql data (phpMyAdmin, browse etc.). All looks good in the config tables (16 entries).

If I create a voucher (zero weight) and turn on Downloads, then no tax is added to vouchers. All works fine with virtual products. I don't ever get any errors.

BUT...

doing the same tests as above...

8% is added to the product price when billing & delivery address is Ontario.

No tax is added when billing & delivery address is British Columbia. So far so good.

If I have a billing address in Ontario, but a delivery address in British Columbia, 8% is added to the product price... NOT good.

If I have a billing address in Britich Columbia, but a delivery address in Ontario, no tax is added to the product price...NOT good.

I have tried changing checkout_shipping.php line 52 to

if ( (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') && ($cart->weight == 0) ) { // Edited for CCGV

I have tried everything I can find. All I want is for tax on physical items to be based on delivery address and not billing address (like it is in the base OSC store). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

should also mention that if I take out the line:

checkout_shipping.php line 52 to

if ( (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') && ($cart->weight == 0) ) { // Edited for CCGV

or the previous incarnations

Then tax is based on shipping address again. But then of course the virtual gift vouchers don't work. so there's something not jiving here.

should also mention that if I take out the line:

checkout_shipping.php line 52 to

or the previous incarnations

Then tax is based on shipping address again. But then of course the virtual gift vouchers don't work. so there's something not jiving here.

Are you sure you have the Tax Zones and Tax Rates set up properly?

I just tried this out on a test setup using WA, TX and MD addresses where I had MD and WA tax zones. There was some wierdness until I set the country and zone under tax zones.

So if you click on Tax Zones then the zone you want to edit and then on Details does it have any info? If it doesn't click insert and set up the country and zone there.

Hope that's sorta helpful :rolleyes:

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Are you sure you have the Tax Zones and Tax Rates set up properly?

I just tried this out on a test setup using WA, TX and MD addresses where I had MD and WA tax zones. There was some wierdness until I set the country and zone under tax zones.

So if you click on Tax Zones then the zone you want to edit and then on Details does it have any info? If it doesn't click insert and set up the country and zone there.

Hope that's sorta helpful :rolleyes:

Iggy

Thanks for trying to help, but yes all taxes zones are set up correctly. Set zone "RST Zone", then Canada / Ontario under details. Just to verify this, when I have Canada Post with dimensions running on my original site with CCGV, Canada Post module adds the taxes in the proper manner, but CCGV doesn't.

Shipping costs are taxable as well when outside the province. So I set Canada Post module to RST Class. And all shipping taxes are correctly based on shipping address. But the Product is still being taxed on billing address only once CCGV is installed.

But the Product is still being taxed on billing address only once CCGV is installed.

I shall repeat this one last time.

osCommerce, charges tax based on the shipping address. But in CCGV(trad), which deals with 'virtual' products, which have no Shipping address, tax is charged based on the Billing Address if tax is to be charged. It can only be done this way - because there is no Shipping Address for 'virtual' products. It only applies tax based on the Billing Address when it is dealing with virtual products, and for non-virtual (or physical) products, or for 'mixed' products (virtual and non-virtual in the same basket), tax is still charged on the Shipping Address.

If all products on your website, virtual and non-virtual, are getting taxed based on the Billing address once CCGV is installed then it's either due to:

1. Using another version of CCGV - and not CCGV(trad)

2. Not having installed it correctly.

3. Not having set it up corrrectly.

If you are simply complaining about 'virtual'products being taxed based on the Billing Address - that's the way it's meant to work.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Thanks for the reply, and I didn't come here to complain.

I have read every single post (paying special attention to yours) in this thread and onthers. I have already read your explanation of how tax is (or isn't) added based on billing address on virtual products. And I understand it completely. That's the way it should be. And I have in the past, during testing this GREAT contrib, added virtual GIFT_xx couchers to my store, activated "Downloads", and they work perfectly. As do coupons.

I just set up another stock OSC store. Copied php.ini (Register Globals "ON") to all folders. There are no virtual products. I am using CCGV(trad)1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10.zip release. I used the stock Florida zone for this test, to illiminate any user error in this area. I made a florida address, and added a NY address. All works well. Then I installed this contrib, and did nothing with the settings. By the way, I get the same results whether Downloads are true or false.

In another test store WITH virtual products, I can send, recieve and use all the features of this contribution. I have no complaints about how it works with virtual products.

All tables are intact in the PHPMyAdmin Configure. My order total module looks like this:

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 4

But like I said, and I have now done this a few times with brand new (and modded) installations of OSC, all taxes work as they should on PHYSICAL products (tax based on shipping) until I install this contrib and the included CCGV.sql.

I'm not being lazy, and like I said I have been at troubleshooting this for quite some time before even posting for help. I follow every single line of instruction in your install.html, user guide.html. And understand completedly the logic in your CCGV content type tax.pdf.

I know you're busy. But if ANYONE would do me (and anyone else who might have this issue, and maybe doesn't even know it) the favour of quickly setting up a stock OSC store. Doing a test of phuysical tax as I did, and then install this contrib, and test physical taxes again. I would be forever grateful to know your results. And I'm not hoping that the results match mine. I just need to know that I am not going crazy. If it's just me, then I guess I'll have to live with that.

Thank you for your time.

I have tried both of these setting structures (as noted in the User Guide)as well, with no avail:

No tax re-calculation required:

* Sub-total - Sort order = 1

* Shipping - Sort order = 2

* Tax - Sort order = 3

* Discount Coupons - Sort order = 9

* Gift Vouchers - Sort Order =740

* Total - Sort Order = 900

Tax re-calculation required

* Sub-total - Sort order = 1

* Shipping - Sort order = 2

* Discount Coupons - Sort order = 740

* Gift Vouchers - Sort Order =760

* Tax - Sort order = 800

* Total - Sort Order = 900

Okay,

I'll have a look at this - but I have installed it with a default osCommerce (that is how I test it) and it works correctly.

However, I shall be publishing an update soon to deal with a separate tax issue and it may just end up solving your problem - but it won't be for few days yet.

Vger