• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CCGV (trad)

Vger

In that case you are telling your customers that if they have $100 in their gift voucher balance they cannot checkout from your store even though their total purchase may be only $5 - unless they also pay part of it with a credit card?

No offence but that will mean very unhappy customers. I can see there maybe a case to have it set up the way you want but in my opinion it is a bad move.

Umm...right..which is why i want to fix that. I think you misread my post. I was stating what was currently happening with my website and I was wondering how to fix it. I also was wondering if that was the way you guys set it up to work by default. So are you saying that my site is not supposed to be working that way and there is an error somewhere?

I also was wondering if that was the way you guys set it up to work by default. So are you saying that my site is not supposed to be working that way and there is an error somewhere?
I'm pretty sure is by virute of an error on your site... byt he way, I came across a problem similar to yours in the CCGV thread - can you confirm which you have installed because I doubt it is CCGV(trad) running on your site.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm pretty sure is by virute of an error on your site... byt he way, I came across a problem similar to yours in the CCGV thread - can you confirm which you have installed because I doubt it is CCGV(trad) running on your site.

I'm pretty sure it's trad because it came with auto que gift vouchers set to true. To be honest, I'm not sure what the difference is between ccgv and ccgv trad. I'm not sure which one is better and which one i was supposed to use bit it's way too late now.

I'm pretty sure it's trad because it came with auto que gift vouchers set to true. To be honest, I'm not sure what the difference is between ccgv and ccgv trad. I'm not sure which one is better and which one i was supposed to use bit it's way too late now.
If gift vouchers were set for auto-release (non queued in admin), then you should post your questions here: CCGV thread

It sounds like you have CCGV installed and by all accounts, if memory serves me correct a fix was already posted somewhere on that thread.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

to Vger

I'm still having problems with Authnet charging the full amount. The client has 10000 coupons out there and is really concerned.

Could you confirm the order total sort order that I have is correct.

discount coupons: 3

gift vouchers: none (I don't use them)

low order fee: none

shipping: 2

subtotal: 1

tax: 4

total: 6

Thanks

If gift vouchers were set for auto-release (non queued in admin), then you should post your questions here: CCGV thread

It sounds like you have CCGV installed and by all accounts, if memory serves me correct a fix was already posted somewhere on that thread.

Ok but didnt i just say that they're set for auto que, not auto release? so i do have trad apparently.

Ok but didnt i just say that they're set for auto que, not auto release? so i do have trad apparently.

Anyhow, can someone point me to the part of the code that circumvents the payment methods if a discount voucher covers the entire purchase? Currently, for some reason my customers still have to edit a valid credit card number in order to use the voucher.

thanks

to Vger

I'm still having problems with Authnet charging the full amount. The client has 10000 coupons out there and is really concerned.

Could you confirm the order total sort order that I have is correct.

discount coupons: 3

gift vouchers: none (I don't use them)

tax: 4

Thanks

should be set up as

discount coupons: 4

gift vouchers: none

tax: 3

the coupons are set up to be applied after tax

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

should be set up as

discount coupons: 4

gift vouchers: none

tax: 3

the coupons are set up to be applied after tax

thanks chooch.

I decided to apply Vger's fix from post 1596, that affects the logic of both Paypal and authnet. The tax is not a problem, but i will switch its order too.

You no longer have a need to edit any payment module file - just reorder as above and it works without editing files.

Vger

sorry, but for me it doesn't... I'll see how it goes before I go through the entire flow and fine comb this. Right now, I don't have time.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I have a couple of funny ones with this. We have it set up to send a 5% discount code when someone registers on the site and although, when some uses this it deducts the correct amount from the amount they pay, on their invoice it is added on instead.

e.g. this order, you can see from their order that the 5% discount has been added, but when I looked in protx the customer was actually charded £235.57 , so the 5% was actually deeducted

Sub-Total: £212.70 
Free shipping (For orders of £50 and more with a maximum package weight of 30 kg ): £0.00 
Discount Coupons:NU123DBB: £12.50 
VAT 17.5%: £37.22 
Total: £262.42

Any ideas with regards this?

Also, on my gv_sent.php page. I cannot highlight an individual coupon on the page to view it. All the rows are highlighted and regardless of which coupon on the page I click on the information in the top right showing who the coupon has been sent to does not change.

gvs.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

1. Sub Total

2. Shipping

3. Discount Coupons

4. Tax

5. Gift Vouchers

6. Total

Provided it is set up in that order then it should work. If it doesn't then most likely you've added something else which modified the Order Total.

Vger

Vger,

I have just noticed a problem with my checkout payment & checkout confirmation.

Whether or not I select a method of payment (CC, PayPal, NOCHEX, etc) and hit the check the GV box - then proceed to the checkout confirmation, my order totals show up properly but if I select to go back to the checkout payment page either by using the browser 'back' button or by using the Payment Information link (checkout payment) in the footer, the GV checkbox is unchecked but when I hit 'continue' it still allows me to proceed to checkout confirmation and still shows the GV being deducted in order totals.

Have you experienced this? If not, then it must be something to do with my files and I need to find what I've done wrong. But if you found the same issue then can let me know what you did to fix it because the last thing I want is to get this contribution not working properly because I added a shoddy fix, as it will only come back to haunt me later when it triggers another problem.

I was thinking of adding a call to keep the GV box checked in the payment page but as it still shows in the checkout confirmation whilst is unchecked - that won't be a solution for me.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun and getting ahead of myself, is this is how the contribution is set up?

Sorry to bug you with this Vger.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Yes, that's how it works. Once you've redeemed a voucher or coupon it stays redeemed for that session.

Several months ago, in this thread, someone posted a way of unsetting if you backtracked.

It's a matter of personal opinion, but mine is that this would cause just as many problems, because many people would expect the voucher or coupon to be still active if they just backtracked and would get annoyed if they proceeded to purchase without noticing that it had disappeared.

Vger

Yes, that's how it works. Once you've redeemed a voucher or coupon it stays redeemed for that session.
No wonder....

I just checked another site I did, that automatically removes the GV from the checkout confirmation - I wasn't sure which was behaving properly and which may have been coded wrong. No I understand what was going on with my checkout.

As usual Vger, thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Don't expect to see me posting much - I can barely access the forums. They're totally screwed since the upgrade.

I can't access them at all now using IE6 as my browser. I can access them using Firefox, but only with several refreshes for each page - and don't stay logged in.

Vger

I can't access them at all now using IE6 as my browser. I can access them using Firefox, but only with several refreshes for each page - and don't stay logged in
I use IE but the only problem I get is having to login once in a while - it doesn't seem to save the username/password sicne the upgrade.

BTW, thanks for the reply earlier. I went back quite a few months and read exactly what sort of exchange was going on about adding it or not adding it to the contribution.

Hope your browser problems improve :rolleyes:

CHOOCH

Thanks for your reply Rhea.

That's a bummer! I guess I can't use this contrib. until it's compatible with latest Pay Pal IPN.

It's a great contribution and I admire the work that's gone into it! (so I'll be watching this thread for any updates :P )

Monica

Hello. I just installed this to my store. I do have several other contributions installed already so I had to edit all the files. Anyway the problem I have is that when you go to checkout you get this message...

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/cidermoo/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 482

The thing is there is no $ on that line. It's the last line of the file and it's....

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Travis

Hello,

First off thank you Vger for all the great work on this. Please do forgive me if this has already been addressed but I recently noticed a glitch or something occuring. Sometimes when a person uses there GV balance in there accounts it deducts the amount just fine and it does goes through check out just fine.

When you are directed back to the web site it shows that the gift voucher amount is still in the person account evn though it was deducted.

The only thing I have done since I have installed this back in June is update files that needed to be updated but that was awhile back and this just started occuring. I know I must have done something wrong so any ideas would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

Dia