• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My First On-Line Shop

adrian.pearce

That sounds good, but my host wants to charge me ?230.00 for one and i know i can get them cheaper else where and as good. Are they difficult to install and where would you recommend to get a good one from.

:thumbsup:

Good SSL's anyone know of a good site to purchase from at a reasonable cost and are they easy to install.

If your host sells SSL's can you install from somewhere else?

Website

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i need help :'( !

This is my situation www.monkeybusinessdvd.com

now i installed oscommerce to my site, you can see it at www.monkeybusinessdvd.com/shoppingcart

now do i upload my products for sale in the cart section and just have catagories on my website linking to the shopping cart? how can i do this what is the best way... i want to use my original template i have up but i need a shopping cart...

i need some professional advice... and if i do load my products/images of my stuff in the cart and just have my catorgories link to the shopping cart...

how do i load my dvd videos to the cart?

thanks

Ok i need help :'( !

This is my situation www.monkeybusinessdvd.com

now i installed oscommerce to my site, you can see it at www.monkeybusinessdvd.com/shoppingcart

now do i upload my products for sale in the cart section and just have catagories on my website linking to the shopping cart? how can i do this what is the best way... i want to use my original template i have up but i need a shopping cart...

i need some professional advice... and if i do load my products/images of my stuff in the cart and just have my catorgories link to the shopping cart...

how do i load my dvd videos to the cart?

thanks

Hi do you have an admin panel like www.monkeybusinessdvd.com/shoppingcart/admin

this allows you to control and enter in the products you are selling and upload any pictures/photo's.

Whatever you enter in here will display on your site. This will be a start ..............

• 5 weeks later...
Hi do you have an admin panel like www.monkeybusinessdvd.com/shoppingcart/admin

this allows you to control and enter in the products you are selling and upload any pictures/photo's.

Whatever you enter in here will display on your site. This will be a start ..............

My shop isn't getting many sales and i don't know why...........

I like your site, but not sure about the tabs across the top.

Choice of colour is inspired, camouflage green. Getting rid of the right-hand column is a good idea, I'm going to do that too.

The infomation you provide on product care, useful facts etc is great. People will return to your site to find answers to their questions, and then hopefully buy something.

Your index page (before entering the store) requires a little bit of work. I think it's only a matter of experimenting with fonts.

If my site is as good as this when it's finished I'll be well chuffed.

I like your site, but not sure about the tabs across the top.

Choice of colour is inspired, camouflage green. Getting rid of the right-hand column is a good idea, I'm going to do that too.

The infomation you provide on product care, useful facts etc is great. People will return to your site to find answers to their questions, and then hopefully buy something.

Your index page (before entering the store) requires a little bit of work. I think it's only a matter of experimenting with fonts.

If my site is as good as this when it's finished I'll be well chuffed.

Hi Richard

Thanks for your positive feedback on my site, this is my first and hopefully not my last.

I have been trying to optimise it on the search engines, but don't seem to be getting very high up in the rankings. I have tried google sitemaps etc.

Has anyone any ideas of improvement...... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Richard

Thanks for your positive feedback on my site, this is my first and hopefully not my last.

I have been trying to optimise it on the search engines, but don't seem to be getting very high up in the rankings. I have tried google sitemaps etc.

Has anyone any ideas of improvement...... :thumbsup:

Site has been running for 6 months now and i have only made 6 sales. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

I noticed that one of your first responses mentioned that the information box looked out of place and should be lowered. I tend to agree with that critic and I think that your Tell A Friend box should be nearer the top. That way if someone is just browsing and they see something that "Bill" might like, then they would send an email. Looking at one of your product pages only had a few items on it so I didn't scroll down any further to see what was in your left column.

Just one other very small thing. In your About Us page, you state:

Rutlands of Oakham has been established for 13 years since 1993.

Now next year you will have to remember to go into your code, and every year after, to change the 13. Why not just say "Rutlands of Oakham Since 1993" centered on the top line in bold characters then have the rest as you already have. Just my opinion.

Other than that, it is a great looking site and I do with you alot of success with it. Seems to keep interest, at least with me. :thumbsup:

Kelvin

I noticed that one of your first responses mentioned that the information box looked out of place and should be lowered. I tend to agree with that critic and I think that your Tell A Friend box should be nearer the top. That way if someone is just browsing and they see something that "Bill" might like, then they would send an email. Looking at one of your product pages only had a few items on it so I didn't scroll down any further to see what was in your left column.

Just one other very small thing. In your About Us page, you state:

Rutlands of Oakham has been established for 13 years since 1993.

Now next year you will have to remember to go into your code, and every year after, to change the 13. Why not just say "Rutlands of Oakham Since 1993" centered on the top line in bold characters then have the rest as you already have. Just my opinion.

Other than that, it is a great looking site and I do with you alot of success with it. Seems to keep interest, at least with me. :thumbsup:

Kelvin

Thanks Kelvin for your comments, they are well noted. I will make some ammendments.

Adrian.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived