• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Authorize Net AIM module

Vger

If your website is osCommerce at all then it is a heavily modified osCommerce (judging by the photograph). Your problems in all probability lay with the changes you have made to your website. As only you know what changes you've made then only you know where to start backtracking to resolve the problem.

Vger

Ugh! I had a feeling that the payment gateway was going to be the hardest part of this project and my “Spidey Senses” were right. I have installed the Authorize.net AIM payment module and when I place an order, and click on the submit button at the bottom of the Ceckout Confirmation page, I’m sent back to the checkout_payment.php page with the following error appearing in a red banner across the top of the page.

“Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.”

I have reviewed all my settings several times both on Authorize.net and in the payment module in osCommerce. Doesn’t matter how I configure things, the response is always what is shown above.

While I was looking for a solution, I came across discussions relating to Curl. I tried one of the scripts shown in one of the posts. When I test the script using a non-secure url as my target, the script runs successfully. If I swap it out and put in a secure url in the script, I see the following error at the bottom of the page,

“Errors: 60 error setting certificate verify locations”

Here’s the script I was using:

<?php
//Filename: curl_test.php

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 30);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

//Disable certificate check.
//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

//Enable certificate check
//Download ca-bundle.crt from http://cvs.php.net/cvs.php/curl/lib/ca-bundle.crt
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 2);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, "c:/www/catalog/includes/ca-bundle.crt");

//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "https://www.stanford.edu/group/idg/leland/samples/secure/test.html");

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "https://www.paypal.com");

$result = curl_exec($ch);

echo '<pre>';
print_r(curl_getinfo($ch));
echo '</pre>';

echo 'Errors: ' . curl_errno($ch) . ' ' . curl_error($ch) . '<br><br>';

curl_close ($ch);

echo $result . 'EOF';
?>

Our hosting company has Curl and OpenSSL configured as follows:

'--with-curl=/home/software/lib/curl-7.10.5-static'

'--with-openssl=/home/software/lib/libssl-0.9.7c/'

Questions:

1. Is Curl the cause of this problem, if not than what could be the cause?

2. Is there some type of debug mode so that I can see additional codes or error messages?

Thanks in advance,

- Mark

:D

Thanks for the contribution Vger, works great...

If anyone is curious about a *quick-fix* for the Invoice Number, here's what I did (without sleep). Remember to BACKUP your file first... I pretty much used the same logic as Jason's "Authorize.net Invoice Number Fix - for OSC MS2.2" but replaced some syntax in Vger's module:

Around Line #228 find this:

// Calculate the next expected order id
  $last_order_id = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " order by orders_id desc limit 1");
  $new_order_id = $last_order_id->fields['orders_id'];
  $new_order_id = ($new_order_id + 1);

Comment the above line out and/or replace with this:

// BOF: Authorize Net AIM Invoice Number Fix
// Calculate the next expected order id to pass as x_Invoice_Num
  $new_order_id = '';
  $inv_id = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " order by orders_id DESC limit 1");
  $last_order_id = tep_db_fetch_array($inv_id);
  $new_order_id = $last_order_id['orders_id']+1;
// EOF: Authorize Net AIM Invoice Number Fix

Works for me so far. It's late. Post back here if it works for you too. You should probably rely on Vger to verify this addition if it's solid. Hope it helps! :thumbsup: -Tada

anyone know how to send the exactly invoice number to A.net? I used above modification, however the invoice number shows in A.net always +1 as the invoice number shows in oscommerce admin...

• 2 weeks later...

Great job Vger, my hat's off to you ;) I have a few problems you might be able to help with.

1) I have your contrib installed and all is fine with Visa/Mastercard. AVS and CVV check, works great. But when any customer uses AMEX, every time the transaction is declined and by looking at authnet's search, I see this:

Transaction Type: Authorization w/ Auto Capture

Address Verification Status: Street Address: Match Zip: Matched first 5 digits (Y)

Card Code Status: Not Processed <====

I do have AMEX availability, and am not sure why it's not processing CVV on AMEX only. Can you help?

2) Along similiar lines, when a customer has a decline, whether it be AVS, no funds or CVV, the get no message regarding a decline, the screen simply refreshes. The only indication they get is when a purchase is successful. Can you help?

Thanks for reading! Great contrib!!!

HerpAddict87

Pls disregard question #2, I have read the first 24 pages of this thread (very sleepy now lol) and have read of the fix for this.

I still need help on AMEX cvv not processed problem. I seem to be only having problems accepting AMEX CVV.

Thanks!

HerpAddict87

This is a change that should be included in the next version.

catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php

AT LINE 338 CHANGE

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . $x_response_text . ' - ' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE), 'SSL', true, false));

WITH

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error=' . $this->code . '&error=' . $x_response_text . ' - ' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE), 'SSL', true, false));

This will 'display' the error, if authorize.net does return error, if ID or TRANSKEY supplied was wrong.

One important info for newbees, a valid ID and TRANSKEY is required even for a test mode.

Is this a valid fix for the current Authorize.net AIM module. I am having difficulties getting this to work for me. I am in the process of going through this entire thred to try and find some help with this but there is so much over so long a period that it is really difficult.

Vgar, if you read this can you point me to the important areas to check for correcting the following:

If I use the STANDARD A.net module it appears to work. If I use the AIM module (with the cURL addition to it) I consistanly get an error at checkout but no error message appears besides the OSC error tag, nothing from A.net. A.net tech support sent me a link to what appears to be a very old fix for the STANDARD A.net module. I am checking with my IP provider to see if a cURL Proxy IP Address is required and I am going through more of this thred. I am a newbie with this an have to assume any questions I have are in here somewhere. I am sure the module works I just don't know if I understand everything needed to impliment it.

Authorise Net AIM works "out of the box" for the majority of users. Those who do have problems generally fall into two groups.

1. They are hosted on Windows servers, and finding cURL on a Windows install of PHP is problematic.

2. They use a proxy for cURL - and there is information in this thread and others about cURL proxies.

Vger

Ok, I've tried all kinds of setting changes and read through tons of threads and can't find an answer. I setup the AIM module and have CURL set to none and I keep getting this error when trying to process an order.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in /home/safeteen/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php on line 307"

The site is on a Linux server. I called my web host and they verified CURL is setup properly and that they don't use any kind of proxy.

Please help. Thank you.

Edited by mrbones

Authorise Net AIM works "out of the box" for the majority of users. Those who do have problems generally fall into two groups.

1. They are hosted on Windows servers, and finding cURL on a Windows install of PHP is problematic.

2. They use a proxy for cURL - and there is information in this thread and others about cURL proxies.

Vger

I am NOT on a Window server and I have been searching for info on cURL on this forum and have found a ton of info but nothing that I have been able to apply.

I have been reading for days now and I am finding hints to potential things to look at but no real answers. I understand I have to learn this and there are many variables that can effect the way this needs to be done, so I am hoping for a little guidence this first time through. Forums like this seem to get a bit scatted in their infomation so I am tring to dig through it and learn. Some of my big questions are:

1. For this to work out of the box, what should my setting be for the A.net account? According to A.net there are really no settings on their end.

2. If my IP provider is using a shared SSL what do I need to address to make this work? I believe this is where my issues are. I have read about the changing certain URL links in one or more of the OSC php files but I can not find this info again and I do not believe I have it right yet.

3. Will the error messages feed back to OSC when the module and settings are entered correctly or do I need to modify the module to get the error messages to display? This question has been answered several time on the forum and each answer is YES. I get the impression from your input that it dose not need to changed.

This forum is going to be invaluable. This first time setting this up will be the toughest.

I looked up the command curl_init::

==============

curl_init

(PHP 4 >= 4.0.2, PHP 5)

curl_init — Initialize a cURL session

==============

If it cant initialize a curl session, is the server misconfigured?

cURL is either compiled in PHP or it isn't. Look in oscommerce admin, under Tools --> Server Info. If cURL is not listed there then it isn't installed.

From install.html:

Set the below as

follows:

i. Delimited Response = No

ii. Default Field Seperator = comma

iii. Field Encapsulation Character = blank

(e) If you have problems establishing a connection to Authorize Net whilst running in Test mode then, on line 301 of catalog/includes/modules/authorizenet_aim.php,

change the url to the following: $url = 'https://certification.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll';

Vger

Just to add this to the people that are having difficulties with this module, I searched through the thread and decided to update this so you dont have to read all 34 pages to find your answers.

The most widely known issues with this module are for people that have it installed on a Windows Server and it has difficulties with cURL paths

Some people use a cURL proxy server, which needs to be setup, make sure you have the latest version of this module so that it comes with the CURL proxy server path in the admin area of your control panel.

Do this mod to your authorizenet_aim.php file

Find these lines and make them look like what appears here

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 0);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

The above makes the proper error messages appear on your page.

This thread corrects the error message appearing in the address bar for people using the Simple Template Systems addon. It will now show up at the top of the page in the actual table, and its quite nice.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry824441

Make sure you have SSL installed and its working correctly, you can tell if everything is good if you use your internet browser and their is a padlock in the bottom right hand corner or if you go to the file menu and click view, view source. in the first few lines of code in the window that pops up, find the tag labeled BASE HREF it should say HTTPS://yourdomain.com not HTTP://yourdomain.com

Make sure it is not a shared SSL, if it is make sure you contact your webserver provider and speak with them about gaining the necessary paths.

The V121 fix for this module is useless and doesnt solve or correct anything, and its been giving people a.net errors with duplicate transactions. Make sure you remove this mod if you have the latest module.

Make sure when you signed up for a.net it was configured for AIM 3.1 By default, the a.net control panel is configured for AIM 3.0, you have to make it version 3.1. If your a.net account is old, it may be using SIM mode. You must contact them and tell them to make it use AIM mode

A lot of the problems I experience were because my payment processor (the people that run your merchant account) was not setup correctly, it was declining every single card due to an internal error. Call them and verify they are setup and ready for a.net to be run on their servers. Most of the time this isnt a problem because a.net is a huge company and most merchant account services are ready for a.net services upon request. But sometimes the smaller ones are not, or there was an error, but just to be safe, give them a call, it will save you a lot of hassle.

Make sure that in the admin panel of oscommerce for this module, you are using your API login id and not the a.net login id. The way Vger worded the field made some believe he meant that your a.net control panel login ID was to be used, this is not the case.

Generate a few new transaction keys and be sure and disable the old ones if you are having errors.

As for hiding credit card numbers in the database you can use this mod

/catalog/checkout_process.php

Find this:

'cc_number' => $order->info['cc_number'],

and replace with this:

'cc_number' => (substr_replace($order->info['cc_number'], ' xxxx xxxx ', 4, -4)),

OR to totally remove this function from putting anything into the database, edit the above file and comment out cc_number, cc_expires, cc_type and cc_owner.

This will force oscommerce to not put anything into the database as far as credit card numbers go. Also do this samething with orders.php located in catalog/includes/classes around line 154. This is important as it will be mandatory in the near future, you are not allowed to store any credit card information at all, not even 4 digits of one.

To check if cURL is compiled correctly go to the admin control panel of oscommerce and go to tools, server info, about half way down there should be a category called cURL, if there isnt, you might not have it setup correctly.

Thats basically the top fixes for this module, if I have forgotten anything I will edit the post. Fixes/addons will appear below this line.

Edited by triaxis

This fix also works for displaying error messages, both do the samething, the one I posted is mainly for STS users, it covers a more broad range of error messages, will work for all payment types. This one only works for the a.net module, but still a good tweak.

catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php

AT LINE 338 CHANGE

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . $x_response_text . ' - ' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE), 'SSL', true, false));

WITH

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error=' . $this->code . '&error=' . $x_response_text . ' - ' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE), 'SSL', true, false));

This will 'display' the error, if authorize.net does return error, if ID or TRANSKEY supplied was wrong.

One important info for newbees, a valid ID and TRANSKEY is required even for a test mode.

cURL wasn't installed like my webhost told me. I had them install it and everything works in test mode. Thanks for the response.

cURL is either compiled in PHP or it isn't. Look in oscommerce admin, under Tools --> Server Info. If cURL is not listed there then it isn't installed.

From install.html:

Vger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I am setting up a site for a client who has chosen to use Authorize.net as their payment gateway.

I've tried using the standard Authorize.net module that comes with osC, as well as the AIM Module, and get the same result.

When payment is "submitted", the website accepts payment and continues on like nothing is wrong, even when using the automatic decline number, and an expired date. But it seems that Authorize.net is not receiving any transaction data to process and approve or deny.

I've obtained the API user name, and Transaction Key and plugged them in. Both the website and Authorize.net are set to live, not test.

I have the CCGV installed, as well as some other minor additions that I really don't think would effect this.

If you have any ideas, or have gone through this before yourself, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

make sure you look through my above post for errors and fixes...your problem was discovered about 20 pages back, toward the beginning, i dont know if they found a fix for that or not, I would check around page ten or so to see if you find the answer there...hehe ive read through these pages enough in my time to know that problem has been addressed.

Went through the fixes... no help. Went back through the forum, saw this problem posted twice, with no clear cut solution. This is terrible.... my head hurts already lol. I've been trying to get this working for the past week to no avail...

If there has been a real solution to this, I'd be very very very much so appreciative if someone could just directly tell me, or even link me to a post... anything. I'm running in circles, I really need some assistance from someone who's either been through this and corrected it, or just knows how to correct it.

make sure you look through my above post for errors and fixes...your problem was discovered about 20 pages back, toward the beginning, i dont know if they found a fix for that or not, I would check around page ten or so to see if you find the answer there...hehe ive read through these pages enough in my time to know that problem has been addressed.

Hi everybody... here's an update that will maybe help provoke a response...

I went tinkering in the settings.... changed the Trans Key, played with Sessions Settings (and eventually ended up having them all off again)... and of course had the module in test mode. I ran another test transaction, and it finally came up with error messages, and with a "good" number, continued on and displayed the card information on the following page to confirm the order.

Of course I felt this was a good thing... so I went live, to test a true transaction. The Card info didn't display again, and the process went through without actually authenticating or passing to A.net. I went back to test mode to see what was going on, and it stopped showing me error messages, and wouldn't try to authenticate numbers again.

I triple check the server... and then checked again with the hosting company (1and1). cURL is active, and compiled into PHP, and not through proxy. The SSL is dedicated, and active.

So now I'm really confused, and frustrated. And my client is growing very impatient...

If neccesary, I'm willing to compensate for helping get this thing going. I think I can muster $100US... granted it's not much, but then what I'm getting for doing this site isn't either :-P. I'm sure we all know how hard this market can be for the little guy.

So please, reply to me here, I'm checking this thread and messages several times daily... or you can get me directly at my business email [email protected]. I am a registered, legit business... you WILL get paid. If you're in the US, I can send check, Money order, or Paypal... if not in the US, I can send Paypal.

Thanks, I'll be waiting for your responses!

Went through the fixes... no help. Went back through the forum, saw this problem posted twice, with no clear cut solution. This is terrible.... my head hurts already lol. I've been trying to get this working for the past week to no avail...

If there has been a real solution to this, I'd be very very very much so appreciative if someone could just directly tell me, or even link me to a post... anything. I'm running in circles, I really need some assistance from someone who's either been through this and corrected it, or just knows how to correct it.

Hi everybody... here's an update that will maybe help provoke a response...

I went tinkering in the settings.... changed the Trans Key, played with Sessions Settings (and eventually ended up having them all off again)... and of course had the module in test mode. I ran another test transaction, and it finally came up with error messages, and with a "good" number, continued on and displayed the card information on the following page to confirm the order.

Of course I felt this was a good thing... so I went live, to test a true transaction. The Card info didn't display again, and the process went through without actually authenticating or passing to A.net. I went back to test mode to see what was going on, and it stopped showing me error messages, and wouldn't try to authenticate numbers again.

I triple check the server... and then checked again with the hosting company (1and1). cURL is active, and compiled into PHP, and not through proxy. The SSL is dedicated, and active.

So now I'm really confused, and frustrated. And my client is growing very impatient...

If neccesary, I'm willing to compensate for helping get this thing going. I think I can muster $100US... granted it's not much, but then what I'm getting for doing this site isn't either :-P. I'm sure we all know how hard this market can be for the little guy.

So please, reply to me here, I'm checking this thread and messages several times daily... or you can get me directly at my business email [email protected]. I am a registered, legit business... you WILL get paid. If you're in the US, I can send check, Money order, or Paypal... if not in the US, I can send Paypal.

Thanks, I'll be waiting for your responses!

PM me your /catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php file (put inside

) tags to preserve formatting.

I'll help you for nothing. I've done a boatload of these and can probably get it going for you.

Thank you very much!! I've sent along the file in PM. I look forward to seeing what you have to say!

PM me your /catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php file (put inside

) tags to preserve formatting.

I'll help you for nothing. I've done a boatload of these and can probably get it going for you.

Hi all,

Have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have the Authorize.net module installed and working. It's taking transactions...sending them...and Authorize.net is getting them. No problem there.

My only problem is that the module is not updating the order status of the orders.

I have the Order Status setting (in the install settings) set to "Completed" but no matter what...in Live and Testing modes...the order status of an order is set at "pending".

I deal almost exclusively in download products, so when an order is accepted and verified...they should be able to get their download. Normally this is the case...but they can't get it with a "pending" status on the order.

Any thoughts? Have I don't something wrong.

I'm just about to pull my hair out here (and I don't have much to begin with).

Thanks.

Justin

Edited by jknupp

Grand Canyon climate is greatly influenced by altitude, with lower elevations generally found to be warmer year round. The record high temperature was 99 °F (37 °C) in 2002, while the coldest temperature recorded is −66 °F (−54 °C) in 1933.[8] During the summer months of June through early September, daytime highs are normally in the 70 to 80 °F (21 to 27 °C) range, while nighttime lows can go to below freezing (0 °C)—especially at higher altitudes. Summer afternoons are frequently accompanied by thunderstorms. Spring and fall temperatures range between 30 and 60 °F (-1 and 16 °C) with cold nights in the teens to single digits (−5 to −20 °C). Winter in Grand Canyon is very cold with high temperatures usually between zero to 20 °F (−20 to −5 °C) and nighttime temperatures below zero °F (−20 °C) for most of the winter.[104]

Precipitation in Grand Canyon is highly variable and ranges from 15 inches (380 mm) annually near Mammoth Hot Springs, to 80 inches (2,000 mm) in the southwestern sections of the park. The precipitation of Grand Canyon is greatly influenced by the moisture channel formed by the Snake River Plain to the west that was, in turn, formed by Grand Canyon itself. Snow is possible in any month of the year, with averages of 150 inches (3,800 mm) annually around Grand Canyon Lake, to twice that amount at higher elevations.[104] http://www.grandcanyon-nationalpark.org/

Tornadoes in Grand Canyon are rare; however, on July 21, 1987, the most powerful tornado recorded in Wyoming touched down in the Teton Wilderness of Bridger-Teton National Forest and hit Grand Canyon National Park. Called the Teton–Grand Canyon tornado, it was classified as an F4, with wind speeds estimated at between 207 and 260 miles per hour (333 and 420 km/h). The tornado left a path of destruction 1 to 2 miles (1.6 to 3.2 km) wide, and 24 miles (39 km) long, and leveled 15,000 acres (6,100 ha; 23 sq mi) of mature pine forest.[105]

Hi all,

Have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have the Authorize.net module installed and working. It's taking transactions...sending them...and Authorize.net is getting them. No problem there.

My only problem is that the module is not updating the order status of the orders.

I have the Order Status setting (in the install settings) set to "Completed" but no matter what...in Live and Testing modes...the order status of an order is set at "pending".

I deal almost exclusively in download products, so when an order is accepted and verified...they should be able to get their download. Normally this is the case...but they can't get it with a "pending" status on the order.

Any thoughts? Have I don't something wrong.

I'm just about to pull my hair out here (and I don't have much to begin with).

Thanks.

Justin

The easiest thing to do would be to change the value in your database (via phpMyAdmin or MySQLfront or similar). In the configuration table, look for

DEFAULT_ORDERS_STATUS_ID it is probably set to 1. Change it to 3 (delivered).

Otherwise, you could try this.

In /[yourcatalogdir]/includes/classes/order.php somewhere around line 265 (depending on how many contribs you have that altered this file it could be many lines less or more) look for this:

$this->info = array('order_status' => DEFAULT_ORDERS_STATUS_ID,

and instead of DEFAULT_ORDERS_STATUS_ID

put

MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_ORDER_STATUS_ID

I do not guarantee that the second method will work but it "should" :thumbsup: :-"

as always... please let us know if it worked :)

Thanks for this great contribution Vger!

I have been using it for over a year with no problems. I just set Request CVV Number to true but the more info popup does not pop up when clicked. I rechecked my installation and everything is where it should be. Any Ideas?

Thanks for your help!

My advice is to change the javascript pop-up to a standard page link e.g. <a href="somepage.php" target="_blank">More Info</a>

The javascript pop-up won't work for those people who have javascript disabled in their browser.

Vger