• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Module

egattocs

Hi

I'm setting up our shop, ready to go live once I've finished importing all the products etc. I'm just setting up/configuring our Payment Modules.

I've signed up to PayPal, but ideally it would be nice to sign up to one of the modules that allows the customer to stay on the site to complete the Payment.

We're based in the UK, and we will be accepting Payments Worldwide, and would ideally like to offer a range of currencies. There seems to be a fair few to choose from that are already there, not to mention the contribs that I could add. Is there generally one which is the most popular? I would be very grateful for any advise you could offer.

Hope someone can help with this.

Thanks in advance

Scott

You would need a multi-currency account with your Bank (doesn't come cheap), and then a Merchant ID from your Bank (again this doesn't come cheap). Once you've got those you can sign up with Protx Direct - which keeps people on your website, it's only the card verification that goes off-site and that's done behind the scenes.

Your site would need SSL and for cURL to be compiled in PHP.

Vger

I've been checking out all of the details mentioned above.

Going through all the procedures etc, I notice that we would need a dedicated server to use Portx Direct, so the customer is kept on our site.

Thought it might be worth checking however, the module that is available for download (for Protx Direct V2.2), I don't suppose this allows Protx Direct to work with osCommerce with out installing any of the Protx Software does it?

As we don't have a dedicated server, we would be unable to install any of the Protx Direct Integration software and would have to use Protx Forms.

I would be grateful for any help anyone could offer.

That's not correct. You don't need a dedicated server to use Protx Direct. What you do need is your own dedicated ip address (with full ssl cert), which you can have on a shared server. You then have to supply both the server shared ip address and your own dedicated ip address via the Protx admin panel you get for both test mode and production mode.

The reference in the Protx guide to having to install a module in PHP called protx.dll is also out of date and is not required.

The Protx Direct module available from Contributions is a very good piece of coding and works very well.

Vger

Archived