• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

image upload error

mattgeldin

Hi all,

I'm in the process of product entry for my oscommerce instalation, but when I try to load images in the new product pane, I get this error message:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/geolumen/geolumen.com/bdshop/images/wallwash01.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/dh/web/phpmyadmin:/tmp:/usr/local/tmp:/dh/solidclient:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/geolumen:/home/.vaccaroovenheater/geolumen) in /home/.vaccaroovenheater/geolumen/geolumen.com/bdshop/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 91

So I went and checked out line 91 on upload.php, but I don't really know php... so I don't know what I was looking at. My first check was to make sure permissions were writable, and they are... i'm stumped.

Is this a common problem?

How do I fix this?

Also, for some strange reason, in my oscommerce control panel, all the images are broken and do not display (except the flags), but when I right click on one and "view image", the image shows up fine. I find this strange. It was working before too. until today. I'm at a loss with this one as well.

Are these problems related? I don't think so...

thanks

matt.

Your hosting company is running PHP in Safe Mode. One of the features of PHP is a feature called File Upload.

You need to go to osC admin --> Tools --> Server Info and look for the entry for File Upload. If it is set to Off then you will need to find a new host - because you need this feature to be able to run osCommerce.

Vger

I have checked and it is not in safe mode, i have seen so many posts with this same problem

open_basedir restriction

some say change temp/ to temp

othrs say greate a new directory and i have tried so many things but cannot get it right, i know it has something to do with a php upgrade and is obvious a bug that has crept in and i wish someone would make a sticky post of how to sort i out so us not php fundis could get the sites working, i create a living from this and am suffering, i have posted and get no reply, so i am disapointed and at a loss

If changing /tmp to just tmp does not work then you have to use the full path to a 'tmp' folder e.g.

/var/www/html/tmp

Look in your includes/configure.php file for the DIR_FS pathway and this is the path to the root of your web.

Vger

Archived