• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Formatting Subcategories Question

zalik22

Hi,

I have all my subcategories shown on my categories box. Some of them have long names so they wrap. It looks something like this:

-> long category name

number one

I want the subcategories to be aligned with where the category name on the first line begins. So, I want the "n" in "number" to be aligned with the "l" in "long". Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks for your help!

you need to create an extra html table in the catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php where the code generates the arrow. You will see a line like $categories_string .= '->'; So just create the table and assign different cells for the arrow and categories name. When the categories name wraps it will be on a separate cell, therefore it will align the way you want.

you need to create an extra html table in the catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php where the code generates the arrow. You will see a line like $categories_string .= '->'; So just create the table and assign different cells for the arrow and categories name. When the categories name wraps it will be on a separate cell, therefore it will align the way you want.

Could you show me the code if it's not too much trouble? I don't really know php much. Thanks!

Archived