• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't pass installation step 2

eochoa

anyone?

Had the same problem yesterday/today. Saw in the phperror.txt (under apache2 directory) that the php_mysql.dll could not be found. Had forgotten the full pathname in the windows extension section in php.ini to the php_mysql.dll (should be: extension=ext/php_mysql.dll). Maybe you have the same problem?

Regards,

HH

Had the same problem yesterday/today. Saw in the phperror.txt (under apache2 directory) that the php_mysql.dll could not be found. Had forgotten the full pathname in the windows extension section in php.ini to the php_mysql.dll (should be: extension=ext/php_mysql.dll). Maybe you have the same problem?

Regards,

HH

By the way, I use PHP5. For PHP4 it should be "extension=extensions/php_mysql.dll"...

//HH

The simplest way to protect your admin folder is as follows:

1. FTP to your website and rename the 'admin' folder to something unique (not admin2). If a hacker can't find it they can't hack it.

2. Edit the two references in admin/includes/configure.php to /admin/ and change to /newname/

3. After you have renamed the 'admin' folder go to your Web Hosting Control Panel and locate the Password or Directory Protection link and use this to password protect 'admin'. This feature writes the .ht files for you and places them correctly. In the case of the .htpasswd and .htgroup they are placed outside of the web root.

Vger

OK, I just put a nice tutorial together on my website and got an education in forum

policies and politics for my trouble, so here it is as best as I can transcribe it for you:

First you need a .htpasswd file, and you put it someplace outside your document root:

htpasswd -bc zzz joe xyz

mkdir /disk3/secrets

cp zzz /disk3/secrets/.htpasswd

rm zzz

would yield:

joe:IdOcjajKM2nKs

You put this someplace like /disk3/secrets if your documentroot is /disk3/www, but

you will need to grind thru some apache documentation if this is as clear as mud.

Then you can plop a .htaccess file into the top directory of the directory hierarchy and

it will protect that directory (folder) and all below it, it would look like this;

AuthUserFile /disk3/secrets/.htpasswd

AuthName joe

AuthType Basic

<Limit GET>

require valid-user

</Limit>

There are lots of fine points and other ways to fiddle this, but these are the basics to

get a password protecting part of your website. And BTW use a longer password than

xyz :)

By the way, I use PHP5. For PHP4 it should be "extension=extensions/php_mysql.dll"...

//HH

I'm also using PHP 5 and the extension_dir is set as extension_dir = "C:\PHP5\ext"

Should this have a trailing "\" I wonder?

Any more help on this would be gratefully received. I suspect I'm going to have to go down to the crossroads at midnight and sacrifice a virgin or two... :-(

Thank you everyone for your HELP, I reall really appreciate it.

t-t,

I followed your .htaccess instruction but still doesnt work am I missing something?

Here is my best guess without knowing details about your specific server.

I bet the main apache config file does not allow overrides in local directories

In fact, I see I had to enable that in my /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file via:

#

# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.

# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:

# Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit

#

# tjt - need this to allow .htaccess files.

# AllowOverride None

AllowOverride AuthConfig

You may have to plead with a sysadmin to get this done.

Yes, It worked.

Vger thanks for the alternative, I'll keep this in mind. but right now I'm hosting the site for testing.

Just wondering where can I edit the email that client/or user received?

Thanks,

Archived