• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1046 Error - But not your usual problem...help!

luxperpetua

Hi guys,

Hoping someone might have a thought for me. The host is not at all being helpful in this, and I need to figure out what the problem is.

We moved the site to a virtual server (due to the amount of queries we were experiencing on the site per hour being over the limit our plan allowed), and all of the sudden, we would start getting random 1046 - Database not selected errors on the admin side.

The thing is, <b>it is NOT an error in the configuration settings</b>. The site works fine most of the time. However, randomly, it just pops up. Usually you can refresh and it comes back, though sometimes it may take as long as 2 -3 minutes to come back.

When we inquired as to the status of the server via our host, I got a cryptic "Check the logs and reference anywhere it says the server was down." Buh?

When I turned query logging on via OsC, it didn't show any sort of errors, even though the problem happened specifically a few moments after I started logging.

I'm frustrated beyond belief - I have no clue where to even start.

Any thoughts?

you have to post the actual error content. Also make sure you have the page split fix

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1605

fix at the end of the page

This is actually error 1046 - No Database selected.

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

I'm trying to figure out why it's doing it RANDOMLY...

the database related definitions are in the catalog\includes\configure.php You should configure for the database (name,server,password etc) you're using.

This is actually error 1046 - No Database selected.

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

I'm trying to figure out why it's doing it RANDOMLY...

Try checking if you have two configure.php's in use. Depending on your installation you may have a second configure.php in the "includes/local" directory apart from the default "includes" directory. The "local" version is normally read first and may have an erroneous database entry in the line that reads like:

define('DB_SERVER', 'mydatabase');

A mispelling of the database name could cause your prooblems too.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Archived