• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

incorporating osCommerce into my site

kstotler

Hello,

I am a bit confused. I'm new at osCommerce. I have set all my options for my website however I'm a bit confused at how to incorporate osCommerce into my website template. When viewing other sites that use osCommerce, it the ecommerce feature blends in with the website as like it is part of the site. However, osCommerce for my site still looks like the osCommerce site. How do i begin to incorporate osCommerce into my site so that the customer still feels like they are at my site when making a purchase or uising the shopping cart?

I'm new at php but familiar with HTML.

Feel free to visit my site at http://loadyourtunes.com in order to get a feel for my question.

Any help, information, or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance.

Hello,

I am a bit confused. I'm new at osCommerce. I have set all my options for my website however I'm a bit confused at how to incorporate osCommerce into my website template. When viewing other sites that use osCommerce, it the ecommerce feature blends in with the website as like it is part of the site. However, osCommerce for my site still looks like the osCommerce site. How do i begin to incorporate osCommerce into my site so that the customer still feels like they are at my site when making a purchase or uising the shopping cart?

I'm new at php but familiar with HTML.

Feel free to visit my site at http://loadyourtunes.com in order to get a feel for my question.

Any help, information, or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance.

What I recommend is to make osCommerce your site. Completely redo the design so that it looks how you want it to, and wholly replace the html version of your site. There are a number of advantages to this, the main one being that your customers will always have access to their shopping cart, no matter what page they're on.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

What I recommend is to make osCommerce your site. Completely redo the design so that it looks how you want it to, and wholly replace the html version of your site. There are a number of advantages to this, the main one being that your customers will always have access to their shopping cart, no matter what page they're on.

ok sounds like a good idea. Now, I'm new to PHP. Could I use Dreamweaver to accomplish this? If not, how do I go about making osCommerce my site?

Archived