• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Cart Problems

Hi,

I have had my site up and running for almost 2 years and I have some questions.

I noticed that when I click on links within my oscommerce site the shopping cart info stays but if I click on a link that links to another part of my site that is not OSC related it drops all the info from the shopping cart. I think I know why this is, it looses the session id so it no longer knows what the user had in his/her cart. So my question is how do I fix this? If I force cookies will that do it and when I do this it says cookies are disabled on my browser but they are not. Can anywone help with this?

Thanks,

Jamie

The call to includes/application_top.php needs to be in any file outside of the folder that the osCommerce website is in for you to be able to keep the session id. This is okay if the other pages are php but if they are html then the server you are on will have to allow parsing of php in html pages.

You cannot use 'Force Cookie Use' if your site uses shared ssl, and it won't solve your session problem anyway.

Vger

The call to includes/application_top.php needs to be in any file outside of the folder that the osCommerce website is in for you to be able to keep the session id. This is okay if the other pages are php but if they are html then the server you are on will have to allow parsing of php in html pages.

You cannot use 'Force Cookie Use' if your site uses shared ssl, and it won't solve your session problem anyway.

Vger

Thank you for your reply. Ok I can understand the message above and will work on it to link to other pages that are outside of the OSC. Could you possible tell me how I could link to a specific product from the index page? For example if I were to have an item that was on sale and wanted to link an image from the index page to the product info page what would the code look like to do this? Linking to another page is easy for example:

//<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'nothing.gif', 'nothing') . '</a>'; ?>

This would link to the new products page and would also carry session id with it. But how can I link to a specific product?

Thanks,

Jamie

Archived