• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

images

leeann

I have read several post on this issue..

the main one telling you to set Small Image Height=0 or leave it blank, and Small Image Width=100.

Then set calculate to true..

then changing includes/functions/html_output.php, in the function tep_image.

before:

$width = $image_size[0] * $ratio;

$height = $image_size[1] * $ratio;

after:

$width = (int)($image_size[0] * $ratio);

$height = (int)($image_size[1] * $ratio);

This doesnt work for me... I have basic sts_templates installed..

Has anybody figured out how to solve this.. without getting into a whole bunch of more changes..

This is the last issue Im having right now before I go live... :rolleyes:

No answers for me guy's

I have tried cntributions and read and read..

Everything I try that pertains to resizing my images to look right doesnt work..

When I install any of the contributions or try to get the admin to calculate size it kills the images all together..

what could be wrong? I havent did anything but installed the basic sts_template system..

Ive been at it for over 3 weeks now.... :huh:

Glad it helped someone.. Didn't do anything for me...

Well, I ain't Nobody :D but here's my 2cents:

I set my images' width to "empty" in admin. That is not "0" nor "null" simply left the width field(s) empty. And set "calculate image size" to true.

Did not do anything with the tep_image function, so it reads from line 87:

if ( (CONFIG_CALCULATE_IMAGE_SIZE == 'true') && (empty($width) || empty($height)) ) {
  if ($image_size = @getimagesize($src)) {
	if (empty($width) && tep_not_null($height)) {
	  $ratio = $height / $image_size[1];
	} elseif (tep_not_null($width) && empty($height)) {
	  $ratio = $width / $image_size[0];
	} elseif (empty($width) && empty($height)) {
	  $width = $image_size[0];
	  $height = $image_size[1];
	}
  } elseif (IMAGE_REQUIRED == 'false') {
	return false;
  }
}

No distortions. HOWEVER I haven't installed STS. So I can't say if it has anything to do with your image distortions.

You may want to check the (distorted) size of the pictures in order to determine whether it is the STS or the "normal" side of osC that is to blame.

Have I confused you enough? Well, I managed to do it to myself. :huh: then again, I am

Seagoofy

Well, I ain't Nobody :D but here's my 2cents:

I set my images' width to "empty" in admin. That is not "0" nor "null" simply left the width field(s) empty. And set "calculate image size" to true.

Did not do anything with the tep_image function, so it reads from line 87:

if ( (CONFIG_CALCULATE_IMAGE_SIZE == 'true') && (empty($width) || empty($height)) ) {
  if ($image_size = @getimagesize($src)) {
	if (empty($width) && tep_not_null($height)) {
	  $ratio = $height / $image_size[1];
	} elseif (tep_not_null($width) && empty($height)) {
	  $ratio = $width / $image_size[0];
	} elseif (empty($width) && empty($height)) {
	  $width = $image_size[0];
	  $height = $image_size[1];
	}
  } elseif (IMAGE_REQUIRED == 'false') {
	return false;
  }
}

No distortions. HOWEVER I haven't installed STS. So I can't say if it has anything to do with your image distortions.

You may want to check the (distorted) size of the pictures in order to determine whether it is the STS or the "normal" side of osC that is to blame.

Have I confused you enough? Well, I managed to do it to myself. :huh: then again, I am

Seagoofy

Thanks for the reply.. How ever my file was just like that and leaving the width field blank and calculate to true doesnt help.. Ive tried all the contributions and can get those to work right eather... Anytime my calculate size is set to true none of my images show.. With or without contributions.

Anytime my calculate size is set to true none of my images show.. With or without contributions.

You mean they don't show at all or show distorted?

It sounds you've tried a lot of things and probably changed something, somewhere, somehow and forgot to change it back. (i know i do)

In your shoes I'd do two checks:

1. check your picture(s) in photoshop or whatever. Actual size in pixels and w/h ratio and that they are otherwise ok.

2. do a clean install of osC and see what happens. If pictures=ok do a comparison of all relevant files. :x Yeah I know it sucks.

BTW I remember seeing a contribution somewhere that creates thumbnails of the (big) pictures, saves them and uses them where you need thumbnails (it also caches them to speed the server). Then you wouldn't have to do calc.

Seagoofy

Maybe if we could see what they looked like if it is possible do your profile and than we can go in and take a look from this side and get a better Idea <_<

Marian Hill

Archived