• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hosting problems

TomCavendish

I'm having very major problems with my hosting company.

Everyday for 2 months the website goes down with a "can't connect to database" "too many connections" errors. Superb.net keep saying the problem will be sorted but it never is. This is nearly putting me out of business. Is anyone else having problems with superb.net ?

Do I wait to see if the problem is sorted or do I move to another hosting company?

If it's a live site with a good revenue stream it's best to go for well known host with a large community forum (that way you can complain in their own forums if something is not right)

If it's a live site with a good revenue stream it's best to go for well known host with a large community forum (that way you can complain in their own forums if something is not right)

if it's a large community with a lot of complaints, i'd beg to differ :lol:

i prefer hosts with a small community... which can mean 1 of 2 things:

- their hosting is good enough that people don't feel the need to complain

- new host with few users (proceed with caution)

i've been with my current host since 2004 and i myself have referred a LOT of people that signed up to their packages.. not one of them have ever registered to their forum

It's nearly putting you out of business and you still have to ask? Save yourself while you can. Get a host that helps your business, not hurts it.

Archived