• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Backing up problem!

Ferris

I have backed up my shop by downloading the sql file to my computer, but when I look inside the file its empty! the file is named what i've named the DB with some numbers after it, but theres nothing inside it, Is this normal? I know when I back up my forum it is filled with different characters and symbols.

Thanks

A nerd is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology. A geek is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology, and likes it!!

anyone?

A nerd is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology. A geek is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology, and likes it!!

I have backed up my shop by downloading the sql file to my computer, but when I look inside the file its empty! the file is named what i've named the DB with some numbers after it, but theres nothing inside it, Is this normal? I know when I back up my forum it is filled with different characters and symbols.

Thanks

To back up your site you should ftp the whole site to your computer. This way you save all the modifications of your pages. Have you used the backup function in the admin control panel?

it is in Tools=>Backup

The default loaction of these backups is catalog/admin/backups/

in this folder should be your database.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

The file is 1 KB and im trying to backup the database not the php files

Yes, that is an empty file. When you back up using the Admin Consol, does it say that the backup is complete/successful? When you look at the file, are you looking at the one in the admin/backup directory or one sent to your local computer? Are they both 1kb?

Archived