• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pay pal module

mhunter

Hi

I have loaded the paypal module from a very recent osc download and configuration - and everything seems to be working fine.

The only problem is the 'payment for' lists the name of the cart business name and not the item they are purchasing. It shows Pay To: and lists the email address - which I think it should list the business name, and then in the Payment For: it lists the Business Name, which I think it should list T-Shirt ... or some such. The site is www.jandsnovel_tees.com

Here's a cut and paste from the paypal page:

Pay To: [email protected]

Payment For: J & S Novel T's

Currency: U.S. Dollars

Amount: $17.56 USD

Shipping & Handling: $3.00 USD

Total Amount: $20.56 USD

any ideas greatly appreciated - Thanks

The problem in answering posts about Pay Pal is that there are so many Pay Pal modules available (if you are talking about Pay Pal IPN).

The official osCommerce Pay Pal IPN Module (the only one which begins with 'osCommerce') doesn't have this problem, so it looks as though you are using some other module.

Vger

The problem in answering posts about Pay Pal is that there are so many Pay Pal modules available (if you are talking about Pay Pal IPN).

The official osCommerce Pay Pal IPN Module (the only one which begins with 'osCommerce') doesn't have this problem, so it looks as though you are using some other module.

Vger

Actually I am just loading the paypal module from the oscommerce admin - nothing special

Sorry, it's late at night here in the UK and I wasn't thinking too straight. What you see is correct. You don't get the name of the item on the Pay Pal screen - you get the name of your Pay Pal account. The item names get passed in the Order Confirmation e-mails.

Vger

Sorry, it's late at night here in the UK and I wasn't thinking too straight. What you see is correct. You don't get the name of the item on the Pay Pal screen - you get the name of your Pay Pal account. The item names get passed in the Order Confirmation e-mails.

Vger

okey dokey then - Thanks - I shall just hard code something like Tshirts ... which fits for all prods on this cart - thx for your reply ... sweet dreams

Archived