• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Individual Product Shipping Add on

hollyhoar

Hello,

I am setting up my first OS Commerce Website. So far I some how seemed to have managed to blunder along and get it working. I am now trying to install my first add on modual.

It is the Individual Product Shipping Modual created by D.M Gremlin, this is the one allows you to set an individual shipping price for each product by adding a new field to your products table.

I started by installing 'Individual Ship v4.2a'. Opened up the file attached, got very confused about the installation instructions and then had a go at putting all the files attached in the relivant files. When I went into my catagories/products page I got the following notice:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_ship_price' in 'field list'

select p.products_ship_price, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '22' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

So, I then uninstalled the modual in shipping, and downloaded the adaptions made by Crashwave (version 4.3a). Still got the same notice.

-I hope this is making sense.

Basicly, I am not sure if just putting the files in the right place is supposed to get an add on working, or if you are suppposed to write in all the PHP adaptions that are in the read-me files.

Version v4.2a said that to start off with I needed to ...

Using PHPmyadmin, or however you like to do it, run this SQL command on your database:

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_ship_price_two DECIMAL(15,4) NOT NULL;

.. so what exactly is a SQL command? How do I do it?

It is fair to say I am wondering how I have managed to get this far. But once the shipping is sorted I think she will be ready to launch :)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Holly

www.we-r.co.uk

Archived