• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post Module - Tax Zones

From my understanding, the only way to be able to tax the shipping costs correctly is if you can assign a Tax Zone to the Shipping Module.

Has anyone figured out a way either:

a) to add a Tax Zone to the Canada Post Module?, or to

B) figure it out through the Order Total Modules?

Any assistance is appreciated.

From my understanding, the only way to be able to tax the shipping costs correctly is if you can assign a Tax Zone to the Shipping Module.

Has anyone figured out a way either:

a) to add a Tax Zone to the Canada Post Module?, or to

B) figure it out through the Order Total Modules?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Ok you need to charge GST on shipping to Canada right.

Here is how I do it. I have a tax zone canada, a tax class called shipping and a tax rate called "GST shipping tax". Then then in the shipping module I assign the tax class to shipping tax and the shipping zone to canada and all is done.

I have no experience with the Canada post module but I assume it will work with it.

Does that work for you?

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Ok you need to charge GST on shipping to Canada right.

Here is how I do it. I have a tax zone canada, a tax class called shipping and a tax rate called "GST shipping tax". Then then in the shipping module I assign the tax class to shipping tax and the shipping zone to canada and all is done.

I have no experience with the Canada post module but I assume it will work with it.

Does that work for you?

Thanks for the reply.

That's just it. You understand it exactly the same way I do.

I have a Tax Class called GST on Shipping, and a Tax Rate that varies depending on where you order from within Canada (as some provinces charge Provincial Sales Tax on Shipping as well, namely, Ontario).

My problem is, the Canada Post Shipping Module doesn't have a field and/or droplist where you can assign a Tax Class to it. I'm wondering how others are handling this with the Canada Post Module.

Edited by dvnt-dude

Thanks for the reply.

That's just it. You understand it exactly the same way I do.

I have a Tax Class called GST on Shipping, and a Tax Rate that varies depending on where you order from within Canada (as some provinces charge Provincial Sales Tax on Shipping as well, namely, Ontario).

My problem is, the Canada Post Shipping Module doesn't have a field and/or droplist where you can assign a Tax Class to it. I'm wondering how others are handling this with the Canada Post Module.

Hmm that's no good. How about switching to another module. What's so great about the canada post one?

Can't one of the existing modules be configured to suit your needs?

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?