• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce database optimization

nsoft

While customizing oscommerce for my client I begin to get error message "service temporary unavailable". I was sure that it was any problems with my hosting service, because acording to cPanel information there was not lack of resourses.

But hosting support team member told me that there are peoblems with database optimization and if it will continue they will turn my standard hosting (5$) account to more reliable (89$). Is it trick to get more money or may be it is known problem with oscommerce database?

I can provide all technical data if it nessesary. I'm expirienced developer, but it is my first oscommerce installation.

• 3 months later...

I'm running into a similar issue. I have a customer that has added numerous modules to osCommerce and we are experiencing what I believe are database optimization issues. I'm not a DBA, but I run my own dedicated machines as well as for my customers.

Current machine is a P4 with 1GB of memory. We are seeing a range of 40-60 concurrent users on the site with several administrators logged into the admin area through the day to process orders that come in...approximately 200 orders or so per day.

We are considering a dual processor machine with 2GB of memory to get ready for upcoming holiday season, but really don't want to spend the money and resources to move everything to another machine if we do not need to do this.

I'd be interested in hearing from other users that have traffic and daily order rate similar to ours.

$89!!!! for hosting. thats a rip-off, only spend that if you can get your cash back if your problem continues because it would really suck if you still get the problem and it has nothing to do with the server

Menou and unome

I'm running into a similar issue. I have a customer that has added numerous modules to osCommerce and we are experiencing what I believe are database optimization issues. I'm not a DBA, but I run my own dedicated machines as well as for my customers.

Current machine is a P4 with 1GB of memory. We are seeing a range of 40-60 concurrent users on the site with several administrators logged into the admin area through the day to process orders that come in...approximately 200 orders or so per day.

We are considering a dual processor machine with 2GB of memory to get ready for upcoming holiday season, but really don't want to spend the money and resources to move everything to another machine if we do not need to do this.

I'd be interested in hearing from other users that have traffic and daily order rate similar to ours.

You should check the contributions for cache modules. Try to minimize the number of queries to the database.

Archived