• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card module

messer

Need advice about 'Credit card' module (for offline card processing): this default module is not secure, since store card data in plain text, without encryption. Is there a customized 'Credit card' module vers that will encrypt card data, and store it in encrypted form?(encrypted with a admin defined private key).

You could try my contribution. It may get you started anyway. I have made some changes to files since then. When I find time I will repost the newer updated package.

Contribution: CC CVV plus Encryption plus Blacklisting v1.0

Link: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...earch,Blacklist

Hope this helps you out.

:D

the idea is good:

Credit Card Number Encryption / Decryption

Credit Card Blacklisting

CVV or CVV2 Field Option

but is the latest vers. v1.1 working? There is some 'Live test' feedback saying that it does not work on a live store.

Thanks.

You would have to try it out. It does not require a lot to install. Just BACKUP the files you change in case you want to put them back.

I have had replies that this module is working on stores. I am also using it on my test server and I have no problems.

I do have to clean up the code a bit.

The encryption is just an extra measure of making the cc numbers unreadable .. that are stored by osc in the orders table. It can only be viewed / deciphered by you with a unique key that you specify.

It does not encrypt mail messages .. as it is not integrated with mail. Not a good idea to be emailing cc card info around the net.

This system is not uncrackable either. It is just extra measures to keep honest people out. If someone is serious and skilled enough and really wanted to get the info they could.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived