• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error after installing HTC

osclover

I am getting this error (warning infact) after installing Header Tags Contribution:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\web\2006\feb\cocovida\cocovida7\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 99

How should I remove it?

It indicates something is wrong with your database. Take a lok at the sql changes you made for this contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yeah i had suspected that. Btw,what is the right method to copy database from one place to another via PHPmyAdmin?

Questions:

1-Should I tick the checkbox called complete inserts?

2-Should I tick the checkbox called add drop table?

3-I've added a few new tables to my osc's database. Hence if I am not wrong, in order to copy the database to a new location (such as from the localhost to the online website) I do need to copy both 'structure' and the 'data'?

thanks,

I had used the following sql queries to update my database:

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_description LONGTEXT NULL;

If I want to remove them. Like if want to make the database as it was earlier, what should I do?

Yeah i had suspected that. Btw,what is the right method to copy database from one place to another via PHPmyAdmin?

Questions:

1-Should I tick the checkbox called complete inserts?

2-Should I tick the checkbox called add drop table?

3-I've added a few new tables to my osc's database. Hence if I am not wrong, in order to copy the database to a new location (such as from the localhost to the online website) I do need to copy both 'structure' and the 'data'?

thanks,

It depends on the version and what you want to download but you typically want to use the default settings. If you use the backup option in admin, it will get all that you need.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I had used the following sql queries to update my database:

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_description LONGTEXT NULL;

If I want to remove them. Like if want to make the database as it was earlier, what should I do?

Click on the above tables, select those items and delete them.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack. Is there any possibility that the error is caused not because of an incorrect sql query but something related to the php code? Like I might have missed to follow an code instruction while installing Header Tags...

I suppose so. It is easy enough to check since the contribution comes with a working set of files. Just replace the one where you are having the problem with, or more likely categories.php, and see if the problem goes away.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived