• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Request a shipping quote-then allow customer to Complete order

dodywodyhead

Please Please someone create a "request a shipping quote" contirbution or make it a standard osCommerce feature- that sends an email to the store owner when a customer wants a quote that cannot be figured any other way than a human figuring it- at that point (Shipping page) would log the order and set the status as"Pending" or "Quote Requested" or something. Then it would allow an email to be sent from that page ( Edit/Update Order in Admin) that would include a link for the customer to go back to where they left off (Payment Page) in order to make payment and complete/Confirm their order.

I ship quite a bit internationally and use USPS Global Priority Flat Rate envelopes as much as possible to save my customers money. As far a I can tell there is not ANYTHING currently available that works for me. I know you can use USPS shipping module and set it so the Global Priority flat rate envelope is an option but that doesn't work for me either. I sell thousands of different scrapbooking items and my customers purchase multiple items of different sizes, shapes and weights so there is no way they would be able to determine if their items would fit into the Global Priority Flat Rate envelopes or not. Plus- Sometimes I ship 1 order in more than 1 envelope. I thought the "Request a quote" contribution was the answer for me- but it doesn't allow the customer to make payment AFTER the quote is requested- It makes them choose "request a quote" again on the payment page and then confirm their order. At that point they cannot get back to make payment. UGH!!!

Their are several of us that could use this feature.

Please Please someone create a "request a shipping quote" contirbution or make it a standard osCommerce feature- that sends an email to the store owner when a customer wants a quote that cannot be figured any other way than a human figuring it.... I thought the "Request a quote" contribution was the answer for me- but it doesn't allow the customer to make payment AFTER the quote is requested- It makes them choose "request a quote" again on the payment page and then confirm their order. At that point they cannot get back to make payment. UGH!!!

Their are several of us that could use this feature.

I agree and I'm trying to figure it our myself...

Unfortunatly, like most of us, I'm new to osC and PHP, so you'll have to be patient while I try to figure this one out. UNLESS, someone would like to lend a hand on this project?

I've been working on this contribution in what little spare the time I have. I would appreciate the help from someone more experienced.

In an open-source community, we should remember that if we want something to get done, we need to be willing to contribute where we can. Again, any help would be appreciated...

- Dan

Archived