• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

image and backup path problem

honk_alert

Hi,

I will relocate to another domain with my shop which is just an additional domain of my old domain. Now I always get this error message when I want to upload an image:

"Fehler Error: Destination does not exist.

error error: The directory 'images' is not available /home/vhosts/001/mydomain.com/htdocs/catalog/images/"

I also get this kind of message with my backup-directory. which file do I have to change?

hello? pls, this is urgent!

hello aaron, if i understand you, you have set up your oscommerce on a new domain or server. the error you are getting is telling you that the images folder does not exist at the location specified, so first make sure you have a folder called images at /home/vhosts/001/mydomain.com/htdocs/catalog/images/

/catalog/includes/configure.php

and

/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

are the files that configure where things live on your server.

Hi and thx,

I do have those folders. The problem is, that this path should be like this:

/home/vhosts/001/maindomain.com/mydomain.com/htdocs/catalog/images/

with the maindomain.com because this new mydomain.com is an additional domain!

Which files do I have to change?

I also get an error message when I want to start the filebrowser:

"Warning: dir() [function.dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/vhosts/001/mypage.com/htdocs/catalog/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/vhosts/001/mainpage.com) in /home/vhosts/001/mainpage.com/mypage.com/htdocs/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Warning: dir(/home/vhosts/001/mypage.com/htdocs/catalog/) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Operation not permitted in /home/vhosts/001/mainpage.com/mypage.com/htdocs/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/vhosts/001/mainpage.com/mypage.com/htdocs/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 179"

mypage.com is the new domain (additional domain) and mainpage.com is the mainpage on which this shop ran before.

mypage.com is the new domain (additional domain) and mainpage.com is the mainpage on which this shop ran before.

yes, it sounds like you moved the files over without configuring for your new host.

/catalog/includes/configure.php

and

/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

are the files that configure where things live on your server. you might also try copying the /install directory back onto the new server, making your configuration files writable and running install. this will probably self-configure for your new environment. warning: do NOT write the sample database and make sure you have your database backed up!

Archived