Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attribute problem


schnauzer

Recommended Posts

I created a Option Name called "shipping" and then Option Values for Overnight, 3-Day Delivery, 2-Day and then created the product attribute and everything seems to have worked fine.

 

But when go to the product page to double check everything it's messed up and looks like this:

 

Each of the options in the drop down menu are formatted like this:

3-day delivery (+<span class=currency_symbol>$</span>15.95<span class=currency_symbol></span>)

 

can someone please tell me what to do???

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know what you are trying to do here, but it would work better if you gave people different options for different shipping modules. to do that:

 

Take the includes/modules/shipping/flat.php and save it under another name. Then edit all references inside that file to FLAT to something else.

 

Then take the includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php and save it in the same name as the first one you created, and alter all references to FLAT inside of that file.

 

Upload both of those files to their respective folders - and now you have a new shipping module which you can 'Install' via osC admin.

 

Vger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know what you are trying to do here, but it would work better if you gave people different options for different shipping modules. to do that:

 

Take the includes/modules/shipping/flat.php and save it under another name. Then edit all references inside that file to FLAT to something else.

 

Then take the includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php and save it in the same name as the first one you created, and alter all references to FLAT inside of that file.

 

Upload both of those files to their respective folders - and now you have a new shipping module which you can 'Install' via osC admin.

 

Vger

 

Thx Vger but ignore the fact that my example is for shipping. It could different sizes for the product or any other option for that matter. Whenever I add an attribute for a product the drop down list on the product page is messed up.

 

It places unecessary information around the price. In the following example I am trying to charge an additional $20 if the customer chooses a large size and this is how the drop down choice looks:

 

Large (+<span class=currency_symbol>$</span>20.00<span class=currency_symbol></span>)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you been editing the admin/products_attributes.php file? If not it's still worth uploading it again to see if that clears the problem.

 

Vger

 

 

I just compared the stock admin/product_attibutes.php to the one in my store and they're indentical.

 

What else? I don't know where to turn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would still try uploading a replacement file - and make sure that your FTP programme uploads it in ASCII format and not Binary.

 

Vger

 

 

No change after the switch. Isn't it just a missing character(?>) somewhere that is making those statements appear in the drop down menu? If I can find which file that code is in wouldn't that be the place to start?

 

If I choose a jumbled option and proceed to the shopping cart it all adds up correctly so there are no problems with that part of it.

 

I can't help but think that the Credit voucher coupon contrib is to blame for this in some way. Is that possible?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No change after the switch. Isn't it just a missing character(?>) somewhere that is making those statements appear in the drop down menu? If I can find which file that code is in wouldn't that be the place to start?

 

If I choose a jumbled option and proceed to the shopping cart it all adds up correctly so there are no problems with that part of it.

 

I can't help but think that the Credit voucher coupon contrib is to blame for this in some way. Is that possible?

 

 

Some code had been changed in the catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php file. I just changed it back to the stock code and now it works the way it should. At a quick glance I didn't appear to change anything else that the code was originally altered to address but only time will tell.

 

Spock take the bridge while I go out for a smoke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some code had been changed in the catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php file

 

Code doesn't just change itself - so it looks as though your problems were caused by code changes which you introduced yourself.

 

Vger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Code doesn't just change itself - so it looks as though your problems were caused by code changes which you introduced yourself.

 

Vger

 

 

I'm customizing a template so if pointing fingers is the name of the game then I point to the template people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...