• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up a Test Server

theone2k

Im trying to setup a test server, so i can test the changes I make to the site before uploading them to my web server. There are a few problems im having:

1. When I try to install the cart to the test server it says the mysql server I have setup is too old but I think I have the same version as my web host 4.4.1.

2. To get aroud this prob I used my Live mysql database and just Downloaded my site from the web server although I can now play about with the site I get this error " Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created." and dont know why

3. I cant access the admin pannel

Think i must have the server setup wrong. Im new to HTML and PHP as you can probalile tell :D

Im running

Apache 1.3

PHP 4.4.1

Mysql 4.1.18 (community)

Im running the older versions to match my web hosts versions any and all help would be greatly apprieated

I have now sorted the MySQL problem had to reconfig my MySQL Server finaly got it working now the only problem I have is when I load my site i get

" Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created."

Can anyone help :)

After some more playing about I seem to have fixed my problems.

For the sessions problem I just changed the configure.php near the bottom of the file there is an option todo with sessions leave blank for default or you can change it to MySQL did the swop and hay presto it works fine :D

for anyone else that might have this prob.

Archived