• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images and Graphics Not Working

Cycledelic

I've been searching for a topic about this, and came across one, but still didnt fix the problem. During the initial upload to my server, even then the graphic and were very difficult to read and the problem is still on the site after I have it setup. I think this was somthing to do with .htaccess file in the includes directory, but after changing this, I still have the same error.

Any help is much appreciated.

Just to clarify, I have changed the information per this forum topic, http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185617 and still am having the issue, and in fact a new error as noted below on the start page due to the language folder change:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/paulmeri/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Warning: main(includes/languages/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/paulmeri/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/paulmeri/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

When I change the /language back to /includes, this is not a problem any longer, however still the graphics are jumbled. Any ideas?

Did you upload the files in ascii mode rather than in auto mode? It sounds like you may have uploaded the images in ascii format which would explain the "jumbled".

Auto mode switches to ascii for text files and binary for images.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Just to clarify, I have changed the information per this forum topic, http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185617 and still am having the issue, and in fact a new error as noted below on the start page due to the language folder change:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/paulmeri/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

When I change the /language back to /includes, this is not a problem any longer, however still the graphics are jumbled. Any ideas?

It appears that not all files are uploaded to your site.

Please do check the if there is language folder and it has english.php file.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Thank you both - when uploading the files, I was cut off and had to upload folders manually, rather than all at once, and may have missed a folder or file in the process. Also, I only show the binary or ascii option on my FTP program, so I chose ascii for all files and folders. Should I upload all the image folder again, in binary this time?

Archived