• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database ?refix and version osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113

Cappa

I was about to install osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113 last night. In the setup i was to type in database name and so. But no questions for database prefix. My mysql database is not empty, a forum is on the same database. I do not want to lose any data. I looked for some information on the oscommerce site. Found a online html help file. There prefix was stated as a option in the same instalationmenu as i setup database name. But in the version i am about to install it was not present.

So question. is this release of oscommerce with default prefix on install or does it wipe the database clean. If the last is true , how to obtain a verion that makes me do the choises i need to take.

Finaly. is there any who know about a ecomerce solution under open source that does not need register global on or php safemode off. I can make register global on but cannot do anything with php safemode.

kai

The latest version of osCommerce also comes with an html file which shows you how to install the update manually - so no need to run the install.

The MySQL 5 update is a large part of the install, so if you don't use MySQL 5 you can leave that out of the update and it will make it much quicker to do.

Vger

The latest version of osCommerce also comes with an html file which shows you how to install the update manually - so no need to run the install.

The MySQL 5 update is a large part of the install, so if you don't use MySQL 5 you can leave that out of the update and it will make it much quicker to do.

Vger

find 2 html files in my download : update-20051113.html , and tax_zones_readme.html. None of them really do answer my question. If database exist and is populated do oscommerce use prefix for the tables or does it wipe out existing tables in database. I am not going to have multiple oscommerce on this server But use the database for other forums as well. My webhotel provider does limit my database use to 1 database only. this cannot be altered. If i could have made one new database there would be no problem

Archived