• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Open Featured Sets Support

surfalot

Simply, it puts a box under the center content of your site on the home, category list, and product info pages. In that box you have selected individual products, categories, or manufacturers. The products may or may not be limited to the actual catagory the guest is viewing. You can choose a maximun number of products to display in that box and have that number of products randomly chosen from the selected individual products, categories, or manufacturers. It will display them using your standard box style or any of several layouts. This site is one of mine with a basic setup lighterdeals.com.

Excellent, i'll have a bash at this.

Im guessing it replaces the "What's New" box that's already there

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be working fine on my test site. View the result page code and search for
<!-- Featured_Sets_bof -->

and make sure the place you positioned the STS variable is not set in between cells of another table. Or post the HTML that was generated between

<!-- Featured_Sets_bof --> and <!-- Featured_Sets_eof -->

on a messed up page. (be sure to make it "code" when posting) If what is generated by OFS is a complete table set, then it's your placement.

Still working through this issue but when I enter a short description and hit preview I do see a short description in the featured sets preview box BUT when I save/update the page and return to the page the short description has not saved. Which part of admin/categories affects this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed this contrib. Having a problem displaying featured products on categories, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_sub_categories() in e:\domains\mydomain\wwwroot\catalog\includes\modules\featured_sets.php on line 32

Any Ideas?

most likely you missed adding the section (function) that starts like this:

////
// Recursively go through the categories and retreive all sub-categories IDs
// TABLES: categories
 function tep_get_sub_categories(&$categories, $categories_id) {

In this file:

/catalog/includes/functions/featured_sets.php

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Followed ur suggestion of using winmerge...was easy to figure out with that:)

its a great thing u did for ppl using oscommerce. There was 1 thing I was curious about though...is there way we can choose where to put the 4 different features??

For eg:- would love to put maybe the manufacturers all the way down in the footer...u know jus to gel it easily with the website.

I am pretty sure there might be many others who would wanna do the same thing..in regards to being more flexible as to put different parts in diff areas:)

Hoping was clear enough...waiting on ur advice:)

Simple Add-ons Please add simple plain tips here for others.

I'll start by saying, yes, it is posible. the key is the file /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sets.php

you can copy it and modify it to create specific sets. I'll give you an example for how to isolate the categories set.

So copy /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sets.php to /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sets_cats.php

there are 4 sections that setup the 4 sets. they are labled:

// do product features
// do manufacturer features
// do manufacturer w/ product features
// do catagory features

remove the 3 unneeded code blocks (product,manufacturer,manufacturer w/ product)

below those is a section that starts with:

echo '<!-- Featured_Sets_bof -->'."\n";

and ends with

echo "\n".'<!-- Featured_Sets_eof -->'."\n";

remove everything between those lines. then add this between them:

include(DIR_WS_MODULES  . (FEATURED_CATEGORIES_GROUPING=='sbox'?FILENAME_FEATURED_SBOX_CATEGORIES:FILENAME_FEATURED_GBOX_CATEGORIES));

for other sets use these lines:

// products set
include(DIR_WS_MODULES  . (FEATURED_PRODUCTS_GROUPING=='sbox'?FILENAME_FEATURED_SBOX_PRODUCTS:FILENAME_FEATURED_GBOX_PRODUCTS));

// manufacturer set
include(DIR_WS_MODULES  . FILENAME_FEATURED_MANUFACTURERS);

// manufacturer w/ products set
include(DIR_WS_MODULES  . (FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_GROUPING=='sbox'?FILENAME_FEATURED_SBOX_MANUFACTURER:FILENAME_FEATURED_GBOX_MANUFACTURER));

and last, include the module file where you want it, on the page you want it, with:

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'featured_sets_cats.php'); ?>

that should do it.

if you look at what was done here you can create another module files that will separate each of the sets into separate module include files.

Thanksssssss a lot Todd:)

It worked like a charm...u made things sound so simple...I would have spent ages:)

Two more things I wanted to do..are

1st. u might have seen it in a few sites....instead of the plain lines...I have seen dotted vertical and horizontal lines...it looks very appealing.

2nd. In 1 of the websites I saw....Category image listed with products under their respective categories. I was able to get the category heading image...but cant get them to list together under 1 category. for eg.

Action(image) Drama(image) Comedy(image)

-Movie 1 -Movie1 -Movie1

-Movie 2 -Movie2 -Movie2

-Movie 3 -Movie3 -Movie3

-Movie 4 -Movie4 -Movie4

in the above example...I am gonna consider that these r only Categories without any sub-categories

Edited by desidil4ever
Simple Add-ons Please add simple plain tips here for others.

1st. It may seem like a simple request, but would require extensive mods to do this in this version. when I finally get 2.0 finished, it will be easy.

2nd. ditto.

unfortunately the way the original contrib was coded, which carried over to this project, makes this version extremely hard to make even minor formatting changes. I did some consolidation of code before releasing this, but not much.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has that I know of. But try these changes to integrate SPPC (Separate Pricing Per Customer #716)

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_categories.php

- AND -

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sbox_categories.php

find:

$special_price = tep_get_products_special_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pid']);
if ($special_price) {
  $products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($special_price, tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</span>'; 
} else { 
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])); 
}

Add before it:

// BOF Separate Price per Customer
if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_id')) { 
  $customer_group_id = '0';
} else {
  $customer_group_id = $sppc_customer_group_id;
}
$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$featured_categories_array[$i]['pid']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
if ($scustomer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($scustomer_group_price_query)) {
  $featured_categories_array[$i]['pprice'] = $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}
// EOF Separate Price per Customer

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_manufacturer.php

- AND -

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sbox_manufacturer.php

find:

$special_price = tep_get_products_special_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pid']);
if ($special_price) {
  $products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($special_price, tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</span>'; 
} else { 
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])); 
}

Add before it:

} else {
}
$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pid']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
if ($scustomer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($scustomer_group_price_query)) {
  $featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pprice'] = $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_products.php

- AND -

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sbox_products.php

find:

if (($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price']) && ($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_status'] == '1')) { 
  $products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</span>'; 
} else { 
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])); 
}

Add before it:

} else {
}
$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$featured_products_array[$i]['id']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
  $featured_products_array[$i]['price'] = $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}

SPECIAL NOTE

The way the original code in SPPC is setup, any product that has been setup as a Special will show that Special price regardless of whether the SPPC price is more or less. If you put anything on special you should process a test order and make sure the price charged is the correct price displayed, AND that the price displayed it also the best price for the SPPC customer. If you do fix this short-sighted code in SPPC, remember it will need fixing here also.

Since this was coded on the fly and not tested, I can't guarantee its correctness. But should show the same price as SPPC coded in the products_info.php page.

there, now you can't say no one would help you :P

Nobody has that I know of. But try these changes to integrate SPPC (Separate Pricing Per Customer #716)

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_categories.php

- AND -

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sbox_categories.php

find:

$special_price = tep_get_products_special_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pid']);
if ($special_price) {
  $products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($special_price, tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</span>'; 
} else { 
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])); 
}

Add before it:

} else {
}
$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$featured_categories_array[$i]['pid']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
  $featured_categories_array[$i]['pprice'] = $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_manufacturer.php

- AND -

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sbox_manufacturer.php

find:

$special_price = tep_get_products_special_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pid']);
if ($special_price) {
  $products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($special_price, tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</span>'; 
} else { 
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])); 
}

Add before it:

} else {
}
$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pid']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
  $featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pprice'] = $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_products.php

- AND -

open /catalog/includes/modules/featured_sbox_products.php

find:

if (($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price']) && ($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_status'] == '1')) { 
  $products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</span>'; 
} else { 
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])); 
}

Add before it:

} else {
}
$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$featured_products_array[$i]['id']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
  $featured_products_array[$i]['price'] = $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}

SPECIAL NOTE

The way the original code in SPPC is setup, any product that has been setup as a Special will show that Special price regardless of whether the SPPC price is more or less. If you put anything on special you should process a test order and make sure the price charged is the correct price displayed, AND that the price displayed it also the best price for the SPPC customer. If you do fix this short-sighted code in SPPC, remember it will need fixing here also.

Since this was coded on the fly and not tested, I can't guarantee its correctness. But should show the same price as SPPC coded in the products_info.php page.

there, now you can't say no one would help you :P

dude you RULE!. i will try it out first thing at work tomm!!!

• 1 month later...

What file would I edit to style the price of the featured products? Currently the colour of the price is the same as main or body and I'd like to change that.

What file would I edit to style the price of the featured products? Currently the colour of the price is the same as main or body and I'd like to change that.

you need to make changes in 6 files.

featured_gbox_categories.php

featured_gbox_manufacturer.php

featured_gbox_products.php

featured_sbox_categories.php

featured_sbox_manufacturer.php

featured_sbox_products.php

near the top of each you will find something similar to this:

if ($special_price) {
} else { 
}

After that you can add something like this:

$products_price = '<font size="+1">' . $products_price . '</font>';

or whatever you wanted to make it. Also note in the instructions the general format for the text and links that you inserted in your stylesheet.css file.

• 2 weeks later...
why isnt there simple instructions of find and replace like every other contribution rather than having to open the original file and copy it accross. So annoying

would you like to write that up for all of us?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I installed the contrib - (must say the admin interface is MUCH more easy to overview that the Wolf version). I can't very well say anything about the index page - because it don't work...

I think most of the comparaments went ok - but, for some reason the index.php page is blank! I've been over it many times. I have a lot of contribs installed, some of them are: HeaderTags_V_2.6.1, Wishlist 2.0, Down For Maint v2.1, Star Product v1.0 etc.

One file that was hard was the admin/includes/functions/general.php. At the bottom is was totally confusing.

I am of course not sure - I would be VERY happy for any help - really would like to get this going...

Helle :blink:

My code:

return $tmp_array;
}
function tep_get_category_htc_title($category_id, $language_id) {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

return $category['categories_htc_title_tag'];
}

function tep_get_category_htc_desc($category_id, $language_id) {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_desc_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $category['categories_htc_desc_tag'];
}

function tep_get_category_htc_keywords($category_id, $language_id) {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $category['categories_htc_keywords_tag'];
}

function tep_get_category_htc_description($category_id, $language_id) {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $category['categories_htc_description'];
}

function tep_get_products_head_title_tag($product_id, $language_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_title_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['products_head_title_tag'];
}

function tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($product_id, $language_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_desc_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $product['products_head_desc_tag'];
}

function tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($product_id, $language_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $product['products_head_keywords_tag'];
}
function tep_get_manufacturer_htc_title($manufacturer_id, $language_id) {
$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_htc_title_tag'];
}

function tep_get_manufacturer_htc_desc($manufacturer_id, $language_id) {
$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_desc_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_htc_desc_tag'];
}

function tep_get_manufacturer_htc_keywords($manufacturer_id, $language_id) {
$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag'];
} 

function tep_get_manufacturer_htc_description($manufacturer_id, $language_id) {
$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_htc_description'];
} 
?>

the contrib code at around line 1369:

return $tmp_array;
}

// BOF Open Featured Sets
////
// Alias function for featured configuration values in the Administration Tool
function tep_cfg_select_featured($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
$string = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($select_array); $i<$n; $i++) {
$name = ((tep_not_null($key)) ? 'configuration[' . $key . ']' : 'configuration_value');

$string .= '<input type="radio" name="' . $name . '" value="' . $select_array[$i] . '"';

if ($key_value == $select_array[$i]) $string .= ' CHECKED';

$string .= '> ' . $select_array[$i];
}

return $string;
}

////
// Alias function for Store configuration values in the Administration Tool
function tep_cfg_select_color($key_value, $key = '') {
$string = '';

$name = ((tep_not_null($key)) ? 'configuration[' . $key . ']' : 'configuration_value');

$string .= '<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> var cp = new ColorPicker(\'window\'); </SCRIPT>';
$string .= '<br><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td><input type="text" name="' . $name . '" id="' . $name . '" value="' . $key_value . '" size="6"></td><td> </td>';
$string .= '<td><a href="java script:;" onclick="cp.select(document.configuration.'.$name.',\'pick\');return false;" name="pick" id="pick">'.tep_image_button('button_pick_color.gif', IMAGE_PICK_COLOR).'</a></td></tr></table><br>';

return $string;
}
// EOF Open Featured Sets

Found that I missed this line in local language index.php :

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) {

Well - that was one error found - it's still not working right. no products showing and the manufacturers.php / configuration.php or categories.php still doesn't turn on the red/green light when I click them...

Helle

Please

I've spend hours and hours - and no matter what I do - I can't get it to work proberly.

These two files are driving me nuts, even using WinMerge:

http://www.onlinekompagniet.dk/images/categories.zip

http://www.onlinekompagniet.dk/images/manufacturers.zip

I use several contribs, HeaderTags_V_2.6.1, Wishlist 2.0, Down For Maint v2.1, Star Product v1.0 etc as mensioned in an earlier posting.

The full list is here:

http://www.onlinekompagniet.dk/article_inf...p?articles_id=9

I've been over and over the codes - and still I can't get anything to show on the front page?

The admin page works particial and maybe that's the reason why nothing is showing - I'm really pulling my hair over this one - dying to see it action

Please

Helle :'(

earth calling.....are you out there "surfalot" ??

Wowwww - I spend most of the day working this out - I'm very impressed.

I found out if I choose a category and showing product from it, the tables on the index page goes bananas - if the full product description has HTML code in it and I have forgot to fill out the short description - is that the way it should be - I guess so, right?

Found out a little thing, if I choose this combination - the featured category wanish completly from the index page. See the image from here: >>image<<

Am I missing something *again* *lol*

Must say it was close to a real nightmare getting the code for Header Tags ect. combined with this code on the categories.php page. All the other pages was really easy compared to this one :-)

Helle :-)