• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Open Featured Sets Support

surfalot

Okay, will see how I go.

Are there any plans to release the bug fixes on the contribution pages?

what bug fixes? The only one I am aware of is the MySQL 5 fixes.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i seem to have an issue with line 933 (in package file)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop/admin/categories.php on line 2167

only thing is that section of the file wasn't changed...and is exactly the same in both files. I tried putting the package file over the top and don't get the error...

<?php

}

} else { (line 2167/933)

?>

The line number of this kind of error is rarely the line number of the actual problem. Most likely it is some lines above that point. It simply means that there is a if/then or looping structure that got messed up. look at the closest mod you just made above that.

Edited by surfalot

Having a bit of trouble working out what I would have messed up - what kind of mistakes could I have made to mess up and make that error? It all seems pretty straight forward, the changes around there.

I started again and this is my current error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop/admin/categories.php on line 2303

line 2303

$products_count = 0;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

// BOF Open Featured Sets

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_featured, p.products_featured_until, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, p.products_listing_status, p2c.categories_id, p.minorder from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by p.products_master"); } else {

// EOF Open Featured Sets

} else { 2303

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, p.products_listing_status, p.products_featured, p.products_featured_until from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by pd.products_name");

}

Edited by mpm

Which section of the categories.php deals with the enable/disable featured sets for categories? (with the green and red icons) That bit isn't working properly for me atm.

Which section of the categories.php deals with the enable/disable featured sets for categories? (with the green and red icons) That bit isn't working properly for me atm.

check the items in post #18 on the first page of this thread.

I'm also getting a white content page when i click on my products :(

Where would I look to fix this?

open includes/application_top.php

change:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

to:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

see if any additional notices show on the page. don't forget to check the blank page's source for an error, sometimes the error is hidden in the page code that is returned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Trying to upgrade from Wolfen to this contribution.

I believe I have followed upgrade instructions to the letter.

Getting following errors on main store front page (index.php);

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED_GBOX_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/courtney/public_html/carters/includes/modules/featured_sets.php on line 150

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED_GBOX_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/courtney/public_html/carters/includes/modules/featured_sets.php on line 150

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED_GBOX_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/courtney/public_html/carters/includes/modules/featured_sets.php on line 150

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED_GBOX_MANUFACTURER): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/courtney/public_html/carters/includes/modules/featured_sets.php on line 172

etc........

Getting same errors without adding to index.php;

<?php

/* Begin: Open Featured Sets */

if (SHOW_FEATURED_SETS_ON_PRODUCT_LISTS=='true') {

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

/* End: Open Featured Sets */

?>

Getting same errors with all "show featured.." to False in Admin

Seems like a trivial error but I am stuck and any help is appreciated.

-Tim

Hi,

Trying to upgrade from Wolfen to this contribution.

I believe I have followed upgrade instructions to the letter.

Getting following errors on main store front page (index.php);

Turns out I did not follow instructions - missed filenames.php

-Tim

Not sure if I've done things right, making this contrib fit STS - I have added a $featured_sets to my shop which works fine but I would like to be able to have certain featured categories in a seperate tag to certain featured products on my page

sounds like you are getting a handle on STS.

At present, there is only one display for the 4 featured sets. I have thought about what you are looking for, and it may be available in an OOP version v2.0 that I'm working on. Unfortunately that is still a months down the road I'm affraid, sorry.

new error when adding a new product:

Products Short Description:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_short() in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop/admin/categories.php on line 1136

line 1136: <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_short[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '4', (isset($products_short[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_short[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_short($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

my admin/categories file is currently 161 kb so I won't post the rest of it here but you can see it here if you so wish http://www.mpm.org.au/adcat.txt

if you mean

function tep_get_products_short($product_id, $language_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_short from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and language_id = '" . $language_id . "'");
$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['products_short'];
 }

on line 519 - I do have it in my admin/general.php ...

Ah, now it works thanks. I'd stuck that bit of code inbetween some code for header tags controller thinking that they were seperate. Thanks Todd.

see the line you posted in post #114.

tep_draw_textarea_field('products_short[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '4'

the 70 is the width the 4 is the height. If you want the field to accept more characters in the submit, that's a different story.

see the line you posted in post #114.

the 70 is the width the 4 is the height. If you want the field to accept more characters in the submit, that's a different story.

I'm having trouble with the short descriptions now.

1. They aren't appearing on the site (description only shows the main product description)

2. Any product I try and put a short description into, it puts those featured products /above/ the featured products headings.

weird huh?

I'm also having trouble with the headings for featured products - on the index page I get the correct title ('featured' 'price' etc) once past the index page however I get titles like 'open_featured_box_heading'

I've checked the following files and can't find where I'm missing the definitions

admin/includes/languages/english/categories and manufacturers

includes/language/english/index and product info

Im not entirely sure what this contrib does, has someone got a website with it installed so i can check it out?

Simply, it puts a box under the center content of your site on the home, category list, and product info pages. In that box you have selected individual products, categories, or manufacturers. The products may or may not be limited to the actual catagory the guest is viewing. You can choose a maximun number of products to display in that box and have that number of products randomly chosen from the selected individual products, categories, or manufacturers. It will display them using your standard box style or any of several layouts. This site is one of mine with a basic setup lighterdeals.com.

I'm also having trouble with the headings for featured products - on the index page I get the correct title ('featured' 'price' etc) once past the index page however I get titles like 'open_featured_box_heading'

I've checked the following files and can't find where I'm missing the definitions

admin/includes/languages/english/categories and manufacturers

includes/language/english/index and product info

all lower case like that? it should be OPEN_FEATURED_BOX_HEADING. which should have been added to includes/language/english/index and product info

Maybe an STS issue?

I'm having trouble with the short descriptions now.

1. They aren't appearing on the site (description only shows the main product description)

2. Any product I try and put a short description into, it puts those featured products /above/ the featured products headings.

weird huh?

Seems to be working fine on my test site. View the result page code and search for

<!-- Featured_Sets_bof -->

and make sure the place you positioned the STS variable is not set in between cells of another table. Or post the HTML that was generated between

<!-- Featured_Sets_bof --> and <!-- Featured_Sets_eof -->

on a messed up page. (be sure to make it "code" when posting) If what is generated by OFS is a complete table set, then it's your placement.

Edited by surfalot