• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Bug???

di_stephano20

HEELLOO boys and girls ... i have some serious problem here... here is my story: I have started to populate my site with products... and instead of trying to introduce every product manually i installed the Easy populate contribution.. wich by the way is, by far, the greatest contrubution ever created... but i have come to a serious bug.. wich i cannon explain.. maybe some of you knows what I am doing wrong.. Here is the thing: when i am introducing the products for the first time everything goes well all the products are succesfully updated and i'm full of joy - dancing and singing around my computer.. after a while i decided to add some more products to my site.. so i first added them in the excell file... then i split the file with the "split file" option provided by Easy Populate and upload the 2 files... again i am full of joy - dancing and singing.. and then the bad things start to happen - everything good needs jut a few moments to become a nightmare.. - THE PRODUCTS ARE BEEING CLONED over and over again.. so intead of having only one product i get 4-5 instances of that product - depending on how many times i have updated the database using easypopulate - the new products are added as well but the old ones are cloned ... this is not good...!! actually it's very bad.. i am sad that such a great contribution has such a big BUG..

Please tell me that i am doing something wrong and that the contribution is perfect... i really hope that it's my fault.. and not the contrib... How can this be true? i was so happy... now im sad.. please give me my smile back.. and the solution to this problem!!! :blush:

You bloody nutter!

The most important field in the easy populate text files is the product model (the first field) which needs to be unique.

What I always do is create the file in excel and make sure that it doesn't contain any products that are already in the shop before uploading it. I've never used the split file procedure and I don't think I will ever need to.

Perhaps if you split the files in excel manually you'd soon hopefully be full of joy - dancing and singing again, but obviously you need to delete the existing duplicates!

By the way, have the duplicates got different model numbers? They should have.

• 2 weeks later...
You bloody nutter!

The most important field in the easy populate text files is the product model (the first field) which needs to be unique.

What I always do is create the file in excel and make sure that it doesn't contain any products that are already in the shop before uploading it. I've never used the split file procedure and I don't think I will ever need to.

Perhaps if you split the files in excel manually you'd soon hopefully be full of joy - dancing and singing again, but obviously you need to delete the existing duplicates!

By the way, have the duplicates got different model numbers? They should have.

I guess u are absolutelly right.. the product_modul field is the most important.. but what if i want to modify the prices for certain products? then i must create a new file with easy populate.... import it in excell and make the changes... right? i will not change the product_model just the price field... so in this case i should not have any more duplicates right?

One more thing: why do u say that u always make sure that it doesn't contain any products that are already in the shop before uploading it? what if u only want to make changes to the price of the existing products? what do u do then??

THNX alot dude!

Archived