• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding forms similar to create customer account

worldheadja

My site is more service oriented and because of this i would like to add a link that would open a form similar to that of the create customer account whenever a customer veiw some of the products, are there any recommendations on how i should proceed with this.

I have some knowledge of html but php is very new to me, so i dont know what route to take.

Can anyone help???? :(

please post al of ur requirements. i.e

u wanan store the value in db?

u want it emailed?

what kind of fields or what kind of data u wanan capture etc...

Ok thanks for assisting, what i'm offering is design and printing services i figured out how to use the store setup to take care of the printing section of my business, but i need a form that would ask my customers after they have choosen a product specific questions like:

contact info (for the designs)

address

special request

prefered colours

(and a few others)

emailing the info would be ok, there is no need for it to go directly to the database.

so they wont be checking out the item?

No they wont be checking out the items at that time.

After they select the item they would fill out the form and add the item to there shopping cart after it has being saved to their shopping cart, i would notify them at a later date when they would have to return to check out there completed job.

No they wont be checking out the items at that time.

After they select the item they would fill out the form and add the item to there shopping cart after it has being saved to their shopping cart, i would notify them at a later date when they would have to return to check out there completed job.

Also, would it be possible to add differnt forms to differnt products?

you could make the forms in php as part of the products description text and then eval the description contents. Or another way would be to generate another sql table of form types and link each product to a form entry. Then in the products description page you would have a form presented and when the customer completes it you add it as a product to the cart. Also force every product to be virtual in your case.

It's not over-complicated but definetely needs some work

Archived