• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help me PLEASE!!!!!!

Hello, and thank-you for taking a look. I am so lost it's not funny. I got osCommerice with my hosting package. Currently I am using Frontpage as an editor of my webpage, i have succesfully completed the webpage, but now i need to know how to put my storefront into my webpage template. I have zero experience programming, and really need some help here. anyone that can help please email [email protected] thank-you

Okay, as far as osCommerce is concerned you can ditch FrontPage. It's barey okay for static html pages and produces rubbish coding.

For working with PHP code you need a good plain text editor, like Text Pad (free download).

osCommerce is a dynamic php programme, which means that it needs a web server for it to operate (otherwise all you see is the code in a webpage).

All is not lost! Download XAMPP (http://www.apachefriends.org/en) which is an all-in-one web server package (Apache based), which is a 1-click install. It has all you need to turn your own computer into an offline web server, so that you can test osCommerce on your computer before you upload changes to your website.

Once you've got the basic osCommerce working then look at STS (Simple Template System), which allows you to change the look of your site with an html overlay of the main pages.

Vger

Archived