• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

add customer comments to packing slip

rabbitseffort

(w00t)

Please help me figure out how I can add the customers comments to packingslip.php

It will be very beneficial to me to have this and I am sure there are others that would like this too--I searched but got nothing relevant--please help if you can! Thanx :thumbsup:

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

thanks--it was there--the one I found dealt with the invoice and not packing slip but I just made it work out for me, here is the way to do it in case anyone else wants to use this great contribution:

right above this code right before the end of the file in admin/packing slip.php:

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

add this code above that code

<?php
$orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 while ($orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query)) {
$orders_statuses[] = array('id' => $orders_status['orders_status_id'],
						   'text' => $orders_status['orders_status_name']);
$orders_status_array[$orders_status['orders_status_id']] = $orders_status['orders_status_name'];
 }
 ?>

<CENTER>
<table width="70%" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<P>
<BR>
<P>
<BR>
<P>
<BR>
<P>
<tr>
<td class="smallText" align="center"><b>Date Added</b></td>
<td class="smallText" align="center"><b>Status</b></td>
<td class="smallText" align="center"><b>Comments</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<?php
$orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "' order by date_added");
if (tep_db_num_rows($orders_history_query)) {
  while ($orders_history = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_history_query)) {
	echo '		  <tr>' . "\n" .
		 '			<td class="smallText" valign="middle" align="center" width = 100>' . tep_datetime_short($orders_history['date_added']) . '</td>' . "\n" .
		 '			<td class="smallText" valign="middle" align="center" width = 100>' . $orders_status_array[$orders_history['orders_status_id']] . ' </td>' . "\n" .
		 '			<td class="smallText" valign="middle">' . nl2br(tep_db_output($orders_history['comments'])) . ' </td>' . "\n" .
		 '		  </tr>' . "\n";
  }
} else {
	echo '		  <tr>' . "\n" .
		 '			<td class="smallText" colspan="5">' . TEXT_NO_ORDER_HISTORY . '</td>' . "\n" .
		 '		  </tr>' . "\n";
}
?>
</tr>
</table></CENTER>

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived