• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please explain

gfl2

Im so confused, this is rather hard to figure out so bear with me....I've set up other things before but finding instructions on exactly how to change things around here is rather difficult unless I am looking in the wrong place.

I set up my store which will only be selling downloadable merchandise...graphic kinds of things. I set everything the way it should be..meaning, downloads true redirect true....but when I go to the main page of my store, it says that the shopdownload/ folder does not exist....but it does, it is there, I can see it, but shouldnt it have a slash inbetween the shop and download? like this shop/download?

Please help, I just want a simple store....this is way too much info to have to go in an change...the set up is great, but Im also having problems with figuring out the product attributes section...do I need that???

Im so confused, this is rather hard to figure out so bear with me....I've set up other things before but finding instructions on exactly how to change things around here is rather difficult unless I am looking in the wrong place.

I set up my store which will only be selling downloadable merchandise...graphic kinds of things. I set everything the way it should be..meaning, downloads true redirect true....but when I go to the main page of my store, it says that the shopdownload/ folder does not exist....but it does, it is there, I can see it, but shouldnt it have a slash inbetween the shop and download? like this shop/download?

Please help, I just want a simple store....this is way too much info to have to go in an change...the set up is great, but Im also having problems with figuring out the product attributes section...do I need that???

Usually when you get a message that a file or folder does not exist it tells you where it it looking by showing the path where it is not located. Look at that path and see if that is exactly where the folder is actually located. Chances it is not so then you will need to edit your configure.php file so that the paths match.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

In the includes/configure.php file, change this

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

to this

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/download/');

See

this link for product attributes usage explanation.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

In the includes/configure.php file, change this
define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

to this

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/download/');

See

this link for product attributes usage explanation.

Jack

Okay, thank you Jack, got that, but this product attribute thing, I have no wrench and Im not sure exactly how to change this stuff to what I want....

the first this I see is a button that says color on the left, on the right is a bunch of buttons that say memory, memory memory....all the way down the side...there is a page one and a page two???

I want to change the color to like....program needed or something, and one for file size you know???

This looks really confusing and nothing like the page you sent me too....

Did you enable downloads in admin?

Did you set the weight of the product to 0?

When you go to product attributes and select that product from the dropdown list at the bottom, does a download option appear beneath it?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you enable downloads in admin?

Did you set the weight of the product to 0?

When you go to product attributes and select that product from the dropdown list at the bottom, does a download option appear beneath it?

Jack

Yep, enabled downloads....

But No, they arent even showing up in the product box....I cant seem to get rid of the million things that OS gives you when you set it up...all those movies, bugs life and stuff, I've uploaded some of the products, but they arent in that box, is it because of the weight set at 0?? what does it need to be?

And how do I get rid of all those movies? LOL....

Yep, enabled downloads....

But No, they arent even showing up in the product box....I cant seem to get rid of the million things that OS gives you when you set it up...all those movies, bugs life and stuff, I've uploaded some of the products, but they arent in that box, is it because of the weight set at 0?? what does it need to be?

And how do I get rid of all those movies? LOL....

*sighs* I stand corrected, they are in there..... >_< so, how do I change the actual attributes them self?? Instead of color I want program needed...?? like PSP or PS to open.... etc. and still...LOL..how to get rid of all the other products?

Clcik on the delete button in the product option section to remove a product option. Click on the delete button in the option values section to delete an option value.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Clcik on the delete button in the product option section to remove a product option. Click on the delete button in the option values section to delete an option value.

Jack

Right, I understand how to delete those, but down at the bottom in my products list, are all those DVD movies that came in the set up, there is no delete button for those....I've deleted the images and the folders but still they are there and are showing up as big x's on my front page, that is what I want to delete... any clues where I need to go to really remove them??

I'm not sure if you are referring to the products or the images. If the products, then you go to admin->catalog->Categories/Products adn delete them from there. If the images, then you can't just delete the images. The code is still in place and will try to load the image. if it can't find it, a red X will be displayed. So you either need to get rid of the code (which is in most of the files in the root directory) or add an image that is 1x1 and the same color as your background (a white dot).

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not sure if you are referring to the products or the images. If the products, then you go to admin->catalog->Categories/Products adn delete them from there. If the images, then you can't just delete the images. The code is still in place and will try to load the image. if it can't find it, a red X will be displayed. So you either need to get rid of the code (which is in most of the files in the root directory) or add an image that is 1x1 and the same color as your background (a white dot).

Jack

Yep, deleted the products and the images, but its still pulling them up in the code, so what page would pull them exactly so I can go and delete them out? Or do I just have to go into each induvidual page...seems rather bothersome to have to do that, no???

Yes, it is a bother. That's why a lot of people use the image trick. Although the best way is to remove the code. The code is in each file in the root directory that displays a page. If you look at the url, you can tell what page you are.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, it is a bother. That's why a lot of people use the image trick. Although the best way is to remove the code. The code is in each file in the root directory that displays a page. If you look at the url, you can tell what page you are.

Jack

Alrighty, I think I got it, seems I still had them in the subcategories, they are gone now! Whoot!

Now, I have another questions, I was looking through the contributions....I want to have bullets instead of the drop down, do you know which contribution that would be...also....

when it say to do that run sql thing when you add a contribution, Im not sure what that means??? You seem to know you stuff, could you give me the down low on both of these questions?

For the first question, bullets instead of dropdowns where? If you means for product attributes, then install the option type contribution.

For the second, see this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

For the first question, bullets instead of dropdowns where? If you means for product attributes, then install the option type contribution.

For the second, see this thread.

Jack

awesome on the bullets, yep in the attributes section when you pull up the product page, those drop downs look horrible, I think so thank you very much....

now, I dont use phpmyadmin, but guess I will have to to run that sql thing, Okay, good to go, I think. LOL..thanks so much for all your help! Im sure I will be back, keep an eye out for me, as I want to create my own type of template. ;)

Archived