• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

question

leeann

Well I got my old store uploaded back to my new host..

The warning on the front page has got me stumped lol... Ive even answered questions about it here, but now I just cant seem to think lol....

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/bizzncom/public_html/shoppingcart/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I changed the configure.php file the other night and got a internationale server error and everytime I changed it .... it wouldnt take away the error.. Contacted hosting and he fixed it...

Was that the wrong file... configure.php is at 644

Hosting also said if that file did not have write access, I would never be able to change that file again.

So any solution?

Well I got my old store uploaded back to my new host..

The warning on the front page has got me stumped lol... Ive even answered questions about it here, but now I just cant seem to think lol....

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/bizzncom/public_html/shoppingcart/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I changed the configure.php file the other night and got a internationale server error and everytime I changed it .... it wouldnt take away the error.. Contacted hosting and he fixed it...

Was that the wrong file... configure.php is at 644

Hosting also said if that file did not have write access, I would never be able to change that file again.

So any solution?

Are you on a windows server?? If so most of them will not allow you to change file permissions ( and obviously yours is one of those) That means anytime you need to change permissions you will need to get your hosting company to do it for you. Just one more reason to not use a windows server

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Are you on a windows server?? If so most of them will not allow you to change file permissions ( and obviously yours is one of those) That means anytime you need to change permissions you will need to get your hosting company to do it for you. Just one more reason to not use a windows server

So it is the configure.php that has to be changed??? I have no idea if it's a windows server...

Lee Ann

Archived