• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEED HELP, installing oscommerce first time but want to keep current site format

MMaynard

Hi,

I have my site designed site and I choose to use oscommerce as the system. I will be using 2checkout to handle credit card payments. but before i install oscommerce, Iam not sure what i must do to have a smooth installation. as I do not want to change my site format. I want to set up oscommerce cart to not accept credit card details prior to being passed to 2checkout payment form. but only on 2checkout. I have buy it now buttons on my website, what i would like is help in configuring and setting up site. with oscommerce without changing layout of site much. please see site www.merchandisedirect.ca . right now my buy it now button points to a page, that iam going to delete.

Setup OScommerce in a sub directory like /shop/ for instance.

Then set it all up in there away from your existing customer facing bit. When you're sure it's ok, make a few changes to the config file and go live from the root of your site.

This is the way I'm doing it, and will be going live soon!

Setup OScommerce in a sub directory like /shop/ for instance.

Then set it all up in there away from your existing customer facing bit. When you're sure it's ok, make a few changes to the config file and go live from the root of your site.

This is the way I'm doing it, and will be going live soon!

Hi,

I'm computer-speak challenged, but can follow simple directions fairly well if I know the language (which I don't, but have been studying on my own on and off for quite some time). I've been trying to figure out how to pose a question so as to receive an answer to my problem, and I believe the original post did that. I've gone through all of the osC documentation, and did or checked everything that I understood. I don't think this topic was covered. Nutshell? I'm in process of setting up a site (through webhost site-builder option, can give names PM if needed). I have my osC catalog mostly configured so I can at least do some testing. I've tested it, as it stands alone, with some fake orders, and it works great. But I have not the first clue as to how to get it to actually 'show up' in my web page(s). I'm positive it's very elementary, yet can't seem to even guess at how to link exactly 'what' to exactly 'where'. My host had osC already loaded and pretty much ready to go before I even began (I found this out after going through the doc on how to install, etc.). I do see my 'catalog' and 'admin' folders in my domain folder. Just don't know what to do with them. :) I also want to keep my templates as on welcome/home page. To further frustrate you, I don't know how to go about performing the instructions above. Create the sub directory exactly where? Set what all up? My catalog is set up, as is my database. What changes would I make to config file? Thanks for any help. I really do appreciate your time.

Lisa

anindigorose

Archived