• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I've installed, I've configured, I can't find my shop.

B.B. Tanz

Have patience, my new friends, I am green.

I've installed, I've configured, I can't find my shop. I've added a product. I can access everything through /catalog/admin/index.php, but when I look at my shop (when I click catalog), it's a blank page. What is the url for the product I've entered so that I can link the rest of my site to it?

And why do I not need to sign in to access the administration? Currently, anyone with the url can have a party changing whatever they wish.

I am but a babe lost in the wood. Help me find my way, I beg of you.

well--you need to password protect your admin area first! You should be able to do that thru you hosting cpanel

as for the rest of the question I do not quite understand it--go to www.yoursite.com to see your shop? But I am sure you know that--maybe elaborate some

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Bless you, rabbit!

I currently have a "coming soon" page on the index.html of the site I'm building. So that's what you see when you go to the site. It is for a photo restoration service and there will be a short tour before you get to the actual store part of the site. All of the non-store non-oscommerce pages are built but not yet connected to the index.html because I don't have the store/oscommerce part together yet. I've uploaded oscommerce, configured, added my photo service, added my product options, but when I go to the mysite.com/catalog it is a blank page. In fact, all the urls that I've tried to view are blank (aside from the pages that I had already created). I uploaded the catalog folder just like the documentation said. When I sign in to myAdminphp, that page is blank as well, aside from the name of my site at the top with a link to my control panel. What gives?

If you think that I should just delete oscommerce and my newly created mySQL database, buy some books on mySQL and php and then try again later, say so. I'm not sure how green I sound, but I'm sure it's pretty.

Brooke

First of all log in to your cpanel and choose file manager option.

Check your directory structure and make sure you haven't renamed the catalog folder to something else rather than /catalog. You should be able to type your

URL/catalog directory name and see the shop. This is just the same as putting the link on your index page.

I think I agree--maybe it is named something other than catalog---I would not say start over--sounds like you put some work into it--maybe post a link?

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived