• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot execute curl

knifeman

I am in dire need of some information. My store connects to lonkpoint via the linkpoint mod. Currently the store returns an error stating it could not execute curl. I was getting orders yesterday, but today it is messed up. The internet people at linkpoint are gone for the weekend, so I have come here.

Does anyone know where I should begin looking for a solution? I don't know if this problem is on my site, the host, or linkpoint. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Tim

Hello Tim,

http://curl.haxx.se/ tells me curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax.

I think it should be on your server (or LinkPoint's); it's now built-in to PHP 4.0.2, but it appears something has changed on your host or at LinkPoint...

No expert myself, but I hope this helps!

Mark

Your ISP may have changed their firewall. Linkpoint requires that port 1129 be open.

Just a guess, The error message that states "could not execute Curl" is mis-leading and really only means that the return message was null.

Linkpoint may also be down.

HTH

Tom

Thanks everybody. Host finally fixed the problem

"The linkpoint port 1129 for one had to be added back in the firewall, plus when compiling php with curl cpanel had a blunder where they made the path to curl wrong"

I was quite worried because I had no idea where to begin. Thanks for the help.

Archived