• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tag Controller v 2.5.6 and Category Query Statement Displayed

jimormsbee

I just installed Header Tag Controller v 2.5.6 and everything seems to be working well. As yet I only have one issue. When I go to a subcategory on my site, the category query statement is displayed above the products as follows:

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query); ?>

This seems to result from the following statements in index.php which start at line 69 in my file:

<?php

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

?>

I see no other problem. The products are displayed and they seem to be in the proper order. I'm new to osCommerce and PHP, so I don't know if there is a problem with the statements. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I found the solution in a reply by 'Surfalot' to 'Salvo' as follows:

In the install directions: Install_Catalog.TXT

Search for the text: Around line 247

This is the step that got messed up. You see a ?> tag at the very begining of the "what to look for" section.

I suspect you inserted the following code after that first ?> tag instead of replacing it. That's my guess

Thanks