• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do i display the product's price?

ahmed5

Hello,

if you look at my website here you'll see that there are products with their prices along the side.

What php code do i use to display the product's price so that they can be automatically updated when i change them in admin area???

Thankyou

Hello,

if you look at my website here you'll see that there are products with their prices along the side.

What php code do i use to display the product's price so that they can be automatically updated when i change them in admin area???

Thankyou

By default that is how osC works, if you change the price in the admin then it changes in the catalog section as well. If this is not happening then you or someone has made changes to your store that interferes with this.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

By default that is how osC works, if you change the price in the admin then it changes in the catalog section as well. If this is not happening then you or someone has made changes to your store that interferes with this.

no i manually created the home page myself, i want to know how to insert the product's prices i added into oscommerce, so that if i change it it will automatically the price on the homepage. i'm not talking about the homepage you already get with osc when you install it.

Assuming this home page is a PHP page, then adapt code as found in product_info.php that does a query of the database and gets the values such as the price. If it is a static HTML page, you can't.

Assuming this home page is a PHP page, then adapt code as found in product_info.php that does a query of the database and gets the values such as the price. If it is a static HTML page, you can't.

it is a php page, on product_info.php it just says '$product_price', but i'm going to have several products so how do i do this?

Look earlier where there is an SQL query from TABLE_PRODUCTS getting all the information. You will have to repeat this for each product you want listed. You may want to look at how some of the other product lists are done - perhaps even use the "featured product" feature.

Look earlier where there is an SQL query from TABLE_PRODUCTS getting all the information. You will have to repeat this for each product you want listed. You may want to look at how some of the other product lists are done - perhaps even use the "featured product" feature.

I don't know any php so i'm stumped on what to do :(

I've been trying to figure out how to do this by copying codes from other pages and messing around but it's not working.

Then I recommend you learn some PHP. You'll be hopelessly lost in osC without it. I learned from the book "Programming PHP" from O'Reilly Press.

i know i would need to learn php but i need to know how to do this function quickly, time's running out for me.

ok, i found this code and i'm guessing this is how featured products are displayed, am i right? if yes what's the next step?

<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
reset($define_list);
while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
  if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
}

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
  switch ($column_list[$i]) {
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
	  $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
	  $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
	  break;
  }
}

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
  } else {
// We show them all
	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
  }
} else {
// show the products in a given categorie
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
  } else {
// We show them all
	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
  }
}

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
	if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
	  $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
	  $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
	  break;
	}
  }
} else {
  $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
  $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
  $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
  switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
	  $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
	  $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
	  $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
	  $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	  $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
	  $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
	  $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
  }
}
?>

Hello,

Thankyou

Hey man!!

How do you make this, that at the product are shown two currencies? That is exactly what i need, but i don't know how to do this!?

Can you help me?

Thanks

Archived