• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce Installation Problem

dyoung

I am testing osCommerce out on my personal PC. I have Windows XP, I installed MySQL, PHP 5 for IIS, and phpMyAdmin. I was able to run the osCommerce install utility (http://localhost/os/catalog/install/install.php).

When the install was completed I get the following message.

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(C:/osCommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(C:/osCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

I renamed the install directory to installdone.

When I click on Catalog Button, I get the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\osCommerce\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I created an ODBC user with full rights, but it still gives me the above message.

When I click on Administration Button, I get the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\osCommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

I created an mysql user with full rights, but it still gives me the above message.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!!!

That error means that some part of the database info you are using in your configure.php file is not correct or that you did not assign the user to the database when you set them up.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Maybe you should give write permissions to the Web Site Folder in IIS so the install_7.php script can write the configuration file (configure.php).

I am testing osCommerce out on my personal PC. I have Windows XP, I installed MySQL, PHP 5 for IIS, and phpMyAdmin. I was able to run the osCommerce install utility (http://localhost/os/catalog/install/install.php).

When the install was completed I get the following message.

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(C:/osCommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(C:/osCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\osCommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

I renamed the install directory to installdone.

When I click on Catalog Button, I get the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\osCommerce\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

I created an ODBC user with full rights, but it still gives me the above message.

When I click on Administration Button, I get the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\osCommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

I created an mysql user with full rights, but it still gives me the above message.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!!!

Archived