• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating a popup info box

signs

I have had my shop live now for over a year and one of the most common questions I get is "what is Paypal?"

I want to add a popup window linked to the text "What is Paypal?" next to Paypal on the payment options page of checkout.

I got this code from another popup window already in my cart and wanted to find out from someone who knows more if it will work on the payment page:

this goes in head:

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re

sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=450,height=280,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l

eft=150')

}

//--></script>

</head>

This goes in body where I want clickable link to appear:

<td class="smallText"><?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_FILE_NAME) . '\')">' . TEXT_POPUP_FILE_NAME . '</a>'; ?></td>

I realize that I will need to create the POPUP_FILE_NAME.PHP files for this to work, but is the basic code correct? And will it conflict with any other codes on the checkout pages?

I don't want to fix what ain't broke and have a catastrophy, yet I would like to have the info in the handiest spot possible. Seems that people would probably tend to want the answer most when they are confronted with the choice during checkout, and the popup will avoid leading them out of the checkout process while still explaining what paypal is.

If this won't work, my second choice is to add a box page to the information section of column left, but those links tend to get ignored. Anyone else have a suggestion?

TIA

Signs

Archived