• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL

bigd85

I've got my store almost finished and I did a test run with the credit card and the secure pages are working fine. When I go to my administration and click on orders (pending) to get the info about the order, it doesn't automatically change it to a secure page. Where as when I login or go to the checkout, it automatically switches to a secure page. Is it necessary for that orders page to be secure when i am viewing the customers info plus credit card number? If so, how do I set it up so that when I click pending and then edit to view the order details, it is automatically secure?

Thanks

I've got my store almost finished and I did a test run with the credit card and the secure pages are working fine. When I go to my administration and click on orders (pending) to get the info about the order, it doesn't automatically change it to a secure page. Where as when I login or go to the checkout, it automatically switches to a secure page. Is it necessary for that orders page to be secure when i am viewing the customers info plus credit card number? If so, how do I set it up so that when I click pending and then edit to view the order details, it is automatically secure?

Thanks

If you want your admin to use secure pages you need to change the first http: define in your

admin/includes/configure.php file to your secure path.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

There's a nice contribution for this which I think is preferable to running the entire admin section under ssl. It's an easy install.

EZ_Secure_Order_&_Customer_Viewing

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2274

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Dominic - securing the admin with ssl serves no purpose. The database is already on a secured connection so there is no data to be stolen. The only time you would need to enable ssl in admin is if you plan on using the backup tool to download your database to your computer, which is usually not the case. Plus, enabling it will cause admin to slow down even more than it already is.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived