• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help editing index.php

e-hol.co.uk

Hi, Please help, I am not really very good with php and know html, I tried editing the homepage and it keeps comming up with parse errors even after \' /' or which ever one it is. I was wonering if there is a easier way to edit it say in html or something. I have tried ftp(notepad) and the admin file manager to edit it, with undesirable effects. Please let me know of an easier method in html or something!

Kind Regards,

Ian

Hi, Please help, I am not really very good with php and know html, I tried editing the homepage and it keeps comming up with parse errors even after \' /' or which ever one it is. I was wonering if there is a easier way to edit it say in html or something. I have tried ftp(notepad) and the admin file manager to edit it, with undesirable effects. Please let me know of an easier method in html or something!

Kind Regards,

Ian

While notepad will work you should get yourself a good php editor, there are quite a few free and or cheap ones out there. You will find it makes editing your code much easier.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived