• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Box Form Code Help

nickb

Can someone help me include this form into the search box file? I want to add this form code above the original form in the search box but don?t know where in the code of the search box to add it.

<form name="jump">

<select name="menu" onChange="location=document.jump.menu.options[document.jump.menu.selectedIndex].value

;" value="GO">

<option>All Items</option>

<option>- - - - - - - - - - - - - -</option>

<option>DVD Categories</option>

<option>- - - - - - - - - - - - - -</option>

<option value="http://itemsent.com/index.php?cPath=21">Action/Adventure</option>

</select>

</form>

And what exactly is that form supposed to do? From what I see it doesn't have a search function. If it does anything (which I'm not sure of) it is to return all of the items in cPath21.

Vger

It will be links to all the categories, but I haven't put all the links in yet. I just need to get it working first. Plus I still want the original search box, but want this form to appear just above it like in this picture.

searcbox1.jpg

Well, that's different to what you asked. What you want is to create a seperate InfoBox with a drop down menu inside it.

First, go to www.oscommerce.com and download the pdf document of the Knowledge Base for osCommerce 2.2 MS2. You'll find info in here on how to create a new InfoBox.

Once you've done that you need to create a 'form' with options within the new InfoBox file e.g. includes/boxes/newbox.php

There's plenty of info on how to create forms with options. Remember - Google is your friend!

Your options links would be something like you've listed above:

<option value="http://itemsent.com/index.php?cPath=21">Action/Adventure</option>

Vger

No, I want the drop down menu to be in the same search box. Like this picture. Just above the normal search bit.

I think I may of confused you because of the last picture which had to pictures of boxes.

one.jpg

Archived