• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating prices

Lao

Hello all!

I have a computer online shop and I was wondering if it's possible to update prices depending on currencies (euro & american dollars). Is there any contribution that can do this?

I have a little currency window in the upper left corner of my site that is updating on its own. Can I make a conection between that and what I need?

Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english language!

yes, you can you retrieve the result of the conversion from the external site (should be a result in one of the return parameters) and you update the currencies sql table value column. You could then automatically reload the page to reflect the changes (in case you display multiple currencies for products).

In my country the currency is LEI.

I want prices to still be showed in LEI, but to change themselves depending on EURO and US$.

How can I do that, in explicit & small steps? Noob here. ;)

change them when? when a customer activates the currency converter? or when he changes currency selecting a different one from osc? I assume you have all 3 currencies already setup LEI, USD, EUR

I only have the LEI currency, I don't need any other currency because I don't sell outside my country.

I want my products to update their prices automaticly depending on EURO-LEI and US$-LEI currencies. Is this possible?

everything is possible. But I haven't understand yet how you want this to work. So you have a list of products with prices in LEI. Then when you click a button, you want that listing to change to EUR or USD?

No. I have the prices in LEI, you got that right, but I don't want prices updated at a push of a button, I want them updated by themselves, in the background.

Problem is that EURO and US$ are fluctuating in my country and it's kinda hard to update prices every week because of that, that's why I want them updating themselves according to EURO and/or US$.

yes they can be updated automatically if you have a connection say with a finance site where you can retrieve the current exchange rate. You could store or update the database with these values. osc has already the database structure for it so you could use it. The automatic update can be done for example every 24hrs by setting an extra column in the currency sql table to store the last update datetime.

Then how you want to display the other currencties is up to you.

you mentioned earlier that you have a little window that shows the currencies. Should be some php code there that retrieves the exchange rates from somewhere. Imagine this will be your input for the conversion of each products price.

But yea you need to do some coding for this to work. The currency converters I checked with the contributions don't do that. But have a look there too if there is something you get some code from:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...er&category=all

• 2 years later...

Archived