• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lost Admin username and password

This is odd but I usually use Safari as my web browser, but when using Autotheme there are certain parts that do not work correctly with Safari so I was going to use Firefox to get to the admin area.

When I tried to use Firefox it asked for my user name and password. Evidently I have forgotten one or the other or both.

Is there a way to recover or recall my admin username and password?

This is odd but I usually use Safari as my web browser, but when using Autotheme there are certain parts that do not work correctly with Safari so I was going to use Firefox to get to the admin area.

When I tried to use Firefox it asked for my user name and password. Evidently I have forgotten one or the other or both.

Is there a way to recover or recall my admin username and password?

Ok I had to use my FTP program and navigate to admin .htaccess.pswrd and it showed up there.

I have the same problem but none of the passwords in .htaccess.pswrd are working. When I try to login to my admin, it just pops up a login dialogue box either in IE or FF. I was able to get to the actual OSCommerce admin login page once where it had the 'forgot password' option, but can't seem to get to that screen anymore. It just goes to the 'Authorization Required' page after a few failed attampts. Any ideas, or does anyone have the link to the 'forgot password' page they can give me?

I have the same problem but none of the passwords in .htaccess.pswrd are working. When I try to login to my admin, it just pops up a login dialogue box either in IE or FF. I was able to get to the actual OSCommerce admin login page once where it had the 'forgot password' option, but can't seem to get to that screen anymore. It just goes to the 'Authorization Required' page after a few failed attampts. Any ideas, or does anyone have the link to the 'forgot password' page they can give me?

Just so we are clear, I DO know my username, but for some reason, the password isn't working. I went in and changed the password using phpMyAdmin to the sql ,and it still does not allow me to log on as admin. Also, changing the passwords in the .htpswrds directory does not seem to work either.

I would really appreciate some assistance... Thanks!

Can someone please just give me a starting point? I am not a SQL master and am having a frustrating time with this. I have tried everything I can think of and I'm sure the answer is very simple. There has to be an easy way to reset a password for an admin account. I would just like some sort of advice. Thanks again.

Can someone please just give me a starting point? I am not a SQL master and am having a frustrating time with this. I have tried everything I can think of and I'm sure the answer is very simple. There has to be an easy way to reset a password for an admin account. I would just like some sort of advice. Thanks again.

It really depends on how you setup your password in the first place as osC does not password protect the admin by default. Did you use a contribution to protect it? The easiest place to start would be to go to your hosting control panel and find the password protect directories link and try changing it there or adding a username and password and see if you can access it that way. If that does not work because you did use a contribution then you need to look how the contribution saves the info and start there.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived